what a complete letdown!

johnnyrotten13

I see your point, and I’m sure others will be disappointed too.  

I’m not.  I’m currently about halfway through collecting the DeAg Jag, and have only barely started building it.  And although I would normally go for as much variety as possible, this, to me, is different enough to warrant building alongside the coupe. And I mean, c’mon, red and green, on display next to one another!?  I think it would look great.  

Honestly, I was only planning to maaaaaybe add one more part work subscription to my ongoing list this year.  Now, I’m really looking hard at the Zero and the Jag.  I think they could have done worse.  

At least it’s not a little Fiat.  And then again, I’m sure there’s somebody else out there who would LOVE a little red Fiat.  At the end of the day, to each their own.

6 hours ago, Bfam4t6 said:

I’m not.  I’m currently about halfway through collecting the DeAg Jag, and have only barely started building it.  And although I would normally go for as much variety as possible, this, to me, is different enough to warrant building alongside the coupe. And I mean, c’mon, red and green, on display next to one another!?  I think it would look great.  

Honestly, I was only planning to maaaaaybe add one more part work subscription to my ongoing list this year.  Now, I’m really looking hard at the Zero and the Jag.  I think they could have done worse.  

At least it’s not a little Fiat.  And then again, I’m sure there’s somebody else out there who would LOVE a little red Fiat.  At the end of the day, to each their own.

ive only recently got into 1/8 scale models and would sooner make rare or uncommon models or those with a WOW factor like the cobra,which i am currently building my only other big scale model is the easy rider chopper,like you say though everybodys different ;)

Hello Agora team and other forum members, 

If Agora decides to bring a E-type Cabrio, to my personal opinion a very good idea.

But than i hope that it's not a clone of the Model Space Jaguar E-type with another body, because that model is more a big toy

made by Eligor than a model. An example the engine of that model is complete fantasy, and than for that price you paying !!!!

I understand that firms like Agora and other deAgostini's bring a kind of models that everybody or almost

everybody can construct, but of you simplify it the original until the niveau of a big Burago that is going to far for me.

And i know that nobody force you to buy these things, but in most cases you don't now what you're buying,

you only see pictures of complete models.

This is my opinion.

Edited by airb

I'm cautiously interested; the DeAg coupe was OK; but had areas of opportunity that I hope Agora can capitalize on, such as dashboard toggle switches and body fit/finishm door gaps were not that good -however the wire wheels were gorgeous.

I’m looking forward to the red cabrio jag. It will look nice next to my green jag I’m currently building. Hopefully they get nicer seats in the red jag. I am replacing the green jag seats with a replacement upgrade kit I got from Model Motor cars. Should be a nice addition. Would have been happier if it was a Ferrari but this one is nice.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:12 AM, johnnyrotten13 said:

ive only recently got into 1/8 scale models and would sooner make rare or uncommon models or those with a WOW factor like the cobra,which i am currently building my only other big scale model is the easy rider chopper,like you say though everybodys different 😉

I totally agree on the rare and WOW factor.  What’s funny though, is I feel the same way about the Cobra haha.  I live in the states, and grew up in the muscle car hungry Midwest, so I’ve seen so many freaking Shelby Cobras.  Now obviously, most were probably kits or replicas, but alas, from 30 feet away, who can really tell.  

I’ve only seen a couple E-type Jags that I can recall, so to me, that is a rare, WOW factor car. 

On 12/19/2020 at 4:20 AM, airb said:

Hello Agora team and other forum members, 

If Agora decides to bring a E-type Cabrio, to my personal opinion a very good idea.

But than i hope that it's not a clone of the Model Space Jaguar E-type with another body, because that model is more a big toy

made by Eligor than a model. An example the engine of that model is complete fantasy, and than for that price you paying !!!!

I understand that firms like Agora and other deAgostini's bring a kind of models that everybody or almost

everybody can construct, but of you simplify it the original until the niveau of a big Burago that is going to far for me.

And i know that nobody force you to buy these things, but in most cases you don't now what you're buying,

you only see pictures of complete models.

This is my opinion.

I second everything you said!  I seek the detail seen in vintage Pocher kits, or new MFH kits.  Honestly, if covid hadn’t hit, I would probably be done with partworks.  They are frankly, quite under detailed, in my minimal experience.  Although, Centauria seems to up the ante a bit, based on the few parts I’ve so far collected.  The photos of the F1 kits, that I think were rebranded Kyosho, seem better detailed as well.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:27 AM, Scalerc said:

I’m looking forward to the red cabrio jag. It will look nice next to my green jag I’m currently building. Hopefully they get nicer seats in the red jag. I am replacing the green jag seats with a replacement upgrade kit I got from Model Motor cars. Should be a nice addition. Would have been happier if it was a Ferrari but this one is nice.

I second the Ferrari sentiment, and to say, loud and clear, that I am aware of the licensing issues with Ferrari, and can only ASSUME that a few extra dollars might be required to facilitate such a license, and I AM OKAY WITH THAT.  Do what you gotta do to get what the people want, and share the costs across the board.

And as for more realistic details, YES!  I’m not proud to admit how much I’ve spent collecting aftermarket details for the DeAg Jag.  And frankly, when I think about the total cost of kit + details, it is quite ridiculous.  I certainly  wont do it for all kits, so don’t get any ideas about trying to milk extra Agora 😉.   Having said that, I seemed to notice the improved seat design the the teaser photo, and frankly, that’s where most of my enthusiasm came from.  I am ASSUMING that Agora has improved the details in this model, and that makes me happy.  Hopefully, those details went deeper than an easy facelift.   

This not a let down to me, I always loved the E type, however I will not be ordering one a this time, I am a little disappointed with the delivery of the cobra packs, still have not received pack 3. The way i look at it when you signed up for the limited the price included 5 packs and right now we should be on pack 4 and pack 5 in January and then start the monthly payments.  I am not sure how this all going to play out, but not too happy.  Like I said before I am new to part works modeling and maybe this is just the way it is!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:33 PM, Bfam4t6 said:

welll  fiat or s Waynes building the pergot  i guess i need to be on that side  of the big pond  to  appreciate these  cars   unlike the others which have made to American markets  now  eddie stobert truck that looked cool even if its not  something here in America. i mean people want a A Team van  whats  visually intresting aside that it was black and  had that red stripe. vs say batman or  the other cars out there ight now being built honestly i want the Zero and the spitfire they might be  the same  but 2 different planes at some point

I to am disappointed with the cobra shipping thus far and yes we should be on pack 4 by now, but we must give some allowance for COVID delays. As we are getting parts from agora although sometimes slow. I ordered the Deagostini charger and in 6 months have only gotten up to pack 3. Been waiting for pack 4 for 2 months with no given timeline so I won’t complain about Agora, and let’s not even mention the horrendous shipping from eaglemoss. On the verge of cancelling 2 subscriptions over there because the wait has been 4 months with no known timeline. And when they do ship they can’t even provide tracking info. Seems the US market is less important then other markets to some of these part work companies. Recently got an MFH kit and wow the detail is outstanding. At half the cost and 10 times the effort may be worth switching to those kits only as they seem to come out in a steady stream.

12 hours ago, Scalerc said:

I to am disappointed with the cobra shipping thus far and yes we should be on pack 4 by now, but we must give some allowance for COVID delays. As we are getting parts from agora although sometimes slow. I ordered the Deagostini charger and in 6 months have only gotten up to pack 3. Been waiting for pack 4 for 2 months with no given timeline so I won’t complain about Agora, and let’s not even mention the horrendous shipping from eaglemoss. On the verge of cancelling 2 subscriptions over there because the wait has been 4 months with no known timeline. And when they do ship they can’t even provide tracking info. Seems the US market is less important then other markets to some of these part work companies. Recently got an MFH kit and wow the detail is outstanding. At half the cost and 10 times the effort may be worth switching to those kits only as they seem to come out in a steady stream.

Thank you for enlightening me on the other company’s out there.  I do believe Covid has a lot to do with these delays.  I did contact Agora a little over a week ago and Sam told me that pack 3 would be sent out last week.  I am not sure if the packs ever made it to Florida warehouse. Don’t get me wrong I believe Agora is putting out some outstanding models (cobra), but I am not sure if anyone in the US have received pack 3.  I will be checking out the MFH models.

I got an email yesterday which said they will be shipping this week. We will see. Also that they will do better with pack 4 and 5. Time will tell.

I just got my third MFH kit and wow they are nice. Don’t be afraid to order direct from MFH, I have ordered Wednesday and had the kit in my hand by Monday on all three occasions so there shipping is good. They were all shipped FedEx. Avoid the sellers on eBay as their prices are high when compared to Direct purchase. But a solid alternative with some interesting subjects. Not knocking agora as I like their stuff, and will build the Jaguar 

True that  MFH kits are excellent and loaded with detail BUT you'll need to be an Expert modeler to build one; expect to spend lots of time fitting and trimming parts, if successful you'll have an accomplishment to break proud of-not many process modeling skills to do it however.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still new to Agora and waiting on both Shelby's to arrive this weekend. I have to say whilst I'm enthusiastic about getting into 1:8 scale modelling I see nothing in this to make me want to spend the best part of a grand building it. True it's a stunning classic car but just a tad too bland to get me excited. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I absolutely LOVE THIS CAR! The fact that it's a '61 makes it that much nicer as I'll be 60 in October.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Gold Edition that they're offering. It'll be out about the time I'll be done with the Cobra as I'm waiting on Pack 9 which should be here any day now. More than likely, I'll be getting some aftermarket items for it as well as making some of my own items from scratch.

I missed out on the DeAgostini Jag coupe.......that one I really wanted, but instead I got their GT40 which is coming along great so far.

My only wish is that the convertible had some sort of uptop. Looks like the model will only be in the open version.....maybe an aftermarket resin or 3D printed uptop will be in the works.

• 5 months later...