Movie/TV Builds

Streethawk71

Hi all, first off, it's rather exciting to have a new model player in town, especially to give the likes of Hachette & Deagostini a run for their money. I myself have been obsessed with building large scale models for a few years now, like the Falcon, R2D2, The DB5, The Delorean and currently underway are The X-Wing and The T-800. . .are you getting a sense of the theme here ! and also the about to be released Ecto-1. I love collecting movie/TV related stuff and I have a dedicated film room to display it all (thanks to the wife for allocating me a spare bedroom), with this in mind, I have to be selective on what models I build and with so many large scale models out there I have to limit these to movie related builds. As a suggestion for Agora moving forward and to give them an idea of anything along these lines that may be of interest to us builders, Are there any famous, iconic movie/TV related builds, wether they are cars, ships, bikes, boats etc that they could consider offering as future projects?

I must say that I can kick this topic off quite easily and say that I would LOVE, LOVE,LOVE to finally get to build the '66 Batmobile, The Bond Lotus, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The A-Team Van, Christine, The Bandit's Black Trans-am, Starsky & Hutch's Gran Torino. . . I could go on, anyway I thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone is thinking along these lines and maybe get some more ideas for these guys. . . over to you !

• Like 2

• Administrator

Nice ideas! 👍. We're certainly going to be looking at TV/Movie ideas, so the more suggestions we get the better. Eventually we liked to get our members really involved in the development process not only with ideas, but with model specs etc. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Streethawk71 said:

Salut à tous, tout d'abord, c'est plutôt excitant d'avoir un nouveau joueur modèle en ville, en particulier pour essayer les Hachette & Deagostini pour leur argent. Je suis moi-même obsédé par la construction de modèles à grande échelle depuis quelques années, comme le Falcon, le R2D2, le DB5, le Delorean et actuellement en cours sont le X-Wing et le T-800. . . avez-vous une idée du thème ici! et aussi sur le point d'être libéré Ecto-1. J'adore collectionner des choses liées au cinéma / à la télévision et j'ai une salle de cinéma dédiée pour tout afficher (merci à la femme de m'avoir attribué une chambre d'amis), avec cela à l'esprit, je dois être sélectif sur les modèles que je construis et avec de nombreux modèles à grande échelle, je dois les limiter aux versions liées au film.

Je dois dire que je peux lancer ce sujet assez facilement et dire que j'aimerais, j'aime, j'adore pour enfin pouvoir construire la Batmobile 66, The Bond Lotus, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The A-Team Van, Christine, The Black Trans-am de Bandit, Gran Torino de Starsky & Hutch. . . Je pourrais continuer, de toute façon je pensais que je poserais la question pour voir si quelqu'un pense dans ce sens et peut-être avoir d'autres idées pour ces gars-là. . . à vous!

Gran Torino de Starsky & Hutch is in France.

Hi Folks, Totally in agreement with Streethawk71, movie cars and def Bandit Trans-Am, A Team GMC, Italian Job Cooper, General Lee, Herbie Beetle or Ferris Bueller Ferrari? All iconic and all (in the main) have a soft spot in the heart of many a kid growing up in the 80's 😊....big market of 40 somethings out there!!

Great initial offering with Shelby Mustang and love the website/forum from what's been seen thus far.

Keep them coming and all the best for the new venture.

• Like 2

hi all I love movie and tv builds I have built a few eg: Aston martin [ bond ], r2 d2, Millenium falcon, de lorean. I have many suggestions for other builds here are a few to be going on with :  kit from knight rider also kar from the same show, a dalek from dr who any version, lukes landspeeder, mad max cars old and new film versions, the munsters coach and the dragula, aliens apc, the chariot from the original lost in space tv show,street hawk, blue thunder, I could go on I also built other partworks such as the tiger tank, u96, and I am currantly building the bismark technically these are military vehicles but they also have appeared in films and documentarys, all said and done the few models I would love to build more than anything else are Christine [Plymouth fury], the eagle transporter from [space 1999], apc from aliens with the interior details if any of these are produced I would be a very happy man thank you for listening.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 7:20 PM, jon bowler said:

hi all I love movie and tv builds I have built a few eg: Aston martin [ bond ], r2 d2, Millenium falcon, de lorean. I have many suggestions for other builds here are a few to be going on with :  kit from knight rider also kar from the same show, a dalek from dr who any version, lukes landspeeder, mad max cars old and new film versions, the munsters coach and the dragula, aliens apc, the chariot from the original lost in space tv show,street hawk, blue thunder, I could go on I also built other partworks such as the tiger tank, u96, and I am currantly building the bismark technically these are military vehicles but they also have appeared in films and documentarys, all said and done the few models I would love to build more than anything else are Christine [Plymouth fury], the eagle transporter from [space 1999], apc from aliens with the interior details if any of these are produced I would be a very happy man thank you for listening.

Yes to Alien's APC :)

On 12/20/2019 at 4:06 PM, Streethawk71 said:

Hi all, first off, it's rather exciting to have a new model player in town, especially to give the likes of Hachette & Deagostini a run for their money. I myself have been obsessed with building large scale models for a few years now, like the Falcon, R2D2, The DB5, The Delorean and currently underway are The X-Wing and The T-800. . .are you getting a sense of the theme here ! and also the about to be released Ecto-1. I love collecting movie/TV related stuff and I have a dedicated film room to display it all (thanks to the wife for allocating me a spare bedroom), with this in mind, I have to be selective on what models I build and with so many large scale models out there I have to limit these to movie related builds. As a suggestion for Agora moving forward and to give them an idea of anything along these lines that may be of interest to us builders, Are there any famous, iconic movie/TV related builds, wether they are cars, ships, bikes, boats etc that they could consider offering as future projects?

I must say that I can kick this topic off quite easily and say that I would LOVE, LOVE,LOVE to finally get to build the '66 Batmobile, The Bond Lotus, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The A-Team Van, Christine, The Bandit's Black Trans-am, Starsky & Hutch's Gran Torino. . . I could go on, anyway I thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone is thinking along these lines and maybe get some more ideas for these guys. . . over to you !

Thanks! Out of interest what would be your number one choice from your list?

I’ve been trying to think of movie vehicles that haven’t been reproduced either as models or toys but would make spectacular 1:8 die cast models. The steam driven spider from Wild Wild West could be really exciting to model.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:43 AM, General Lou said:

Thanks! Out of interest what would be your number one choice from your list?

I think my number one choice would have to be "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" can you imagine that as a 1/8th scale model and all that detail. . . .WOW, I'm drooling already.

If I had to pick a more "realistic" first choice (one that is more likely to get a build) then I'd have to go with the Plymouth Fury that is the one and only Christine. . .what an awesome vehicle.

1. Johnny 5- Short Circuit 
  2. Robot- Netflix's Lost in Space
  3. HulkBuster- Avengers
  4. Airwolf- Airwolf
  5. Wall-e- Disney's Wall-e
  6. Light Cycle- Tron & Tron Legacy
  7. The Tumbler- The Dark Knight Trilogy
  8. C-3PO- Star Wars
  9. BB-8- Star Wars
  10. Dalek- Doctor Who
  11. Ford Explorer- Jurassic Park
  12. General Lee- Dukes of Hazzard
  13. General Grievous- Star Wars
  14. Power Loader- Aliend
  15. Batmobile- Batman & Batman Returns
  16. Orca & Bruce- Jaws
  17. Moya- Farscape
  18. Talyn- Farscape
  19. Iron Patriot- Iron-man
  20. Death Star- Star Wars

Just to throw a few more into the think tank. . .

Herbie, Airwolf, Streethawk, The Mystery Machine, Aston Martin (The Living Daylights), K.I.T.T., The Peterbilt 281 Truck from "Duel", The Blues Mobile, and of course no list is complete without giving a mention to the most awesome, evil car, The Lincoln Continental MKIII created by George Barris for the 1977 movie "The Car", complete with air horns.

Don't leave out the vans like The Mystery Machine and the A-Team van. Would also love to see some Battlestar Galactica but from the original series. A great set would be the truck and trans-am from Smokey & the Bandit. Also would  be keen to see vehicles from Gone in 60 Seconds, Starsky & Hutch & Mad Max (original)

I could add stuff all day !!. . . .

Stuntman Mike's Car - Death Proof

F-14 Tomcat plane - Top Gun

Viper MK II - Battlestar Galactica

The Coyote X - Hardcastle and McCormick

The Red/White/Blue Mini Coopers - The Italian Job

Chevrolet Lumina "Mello Yello" - Days of Thunder

Porkchop Express - Big Trouble in Little China

Batmobile - Tim Burton's 1989 model

The Tumbler - Batman Begins

Jurassic Park Jeep

I'll stop for now. . . .😍

Edited by Streethawk71
Forgot one

Hi all. I have only built two movie related part works, The Bond DB5 and the Black Pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean (Hatchette). That is the first attempt at an all wooden model and I enjoyed it so much, although still in the last throws of the rigging (Had to put it on hold when wife was seriously ill) That I am now subscribing to the HMS Victory. I am looking forward to starting the Super Snake. The other part work I have on the go now is the Bismarck which is coming along nicely.

Id love to see something with the mars rovers like  Sojourner, Spirit and Opportunity, and Curiosity  series.  A ISS , the Serenity from Firefly.  A  S.H.I.E.L.D helicarrier or even a Navy vessel aircraft carrier.  ApAche  Attack chopper. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 10:08 AM, admin said:

Nice ideas! 👍. We're certainly going to be looking at TV/Movie ideas, so the more suggestions we get the better. Eventually we liked to get our members really involved in the development process not only with ideas, but with model specs etc. 

How kitt from knight rider and 1966 Batmobile. I would happily spend my months wages on these 

Here is a list I've got and of course just small one. I've thought of others but  these stood out more. Of course why limit to just film what about anime and video games.

Akira Bike
Sweet tooth from the Twisted Metal Game
General Lee
K.I.T.T.
A-Team Van
Robocop
ED-209
89 Batmobile
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse: The Green Car The Fast and the Furious
1995 Toyota Supra Turbo The Fast and the Furious
1999 Nissan Skyline R35 GT-R 2 Fast 2 Furious
1993 Honda Civic EJ1 The Fast and the Furious