Tank not working

Palian

Turned on tank for the first time. Camera problem but the tank went forward and backward, and the gun fired. Nothing else worked. Just all connections and turned on again. Camera now comes on when first starting but now nothing else works.

Hope they get it right soon. Have tried re connection cables etc all I get now is camera and pairing failing. Also, seem to be getting a beeping noise from the tank. Battery is fully charged.

• Administrator
On 9/9/2022 at 5:09 AM, Palian said:

Turned on tank for the first time. Camera problem but the tank went forward and backward, and the gun fired. Nothing else worked. Just all connections and turned on again. Camera now comes on when first starting but now nothing else works.

Hope they get it right soon. Have tried re connection cables etc all I get now is camera and pairing failing. Also, seem to be getting a beeping noise from the tank. Battery is fully charged.

Can you contact Customer services with full details of the problems.  Are the drive motors working at all now?  Please check that all the plugs and sockets are connected, and are the right way round.  I gather you've already done that but it's worth double checking.  Can you also let us know if the red LED on the remote control is on, off or flashing when both the controller and the tank are switched on.

Cheers

Mark

22 hours ago, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

Can you contact Customer services with full details of the problems.  Are the drive motors working at all now?  Please check that all the plugs and sockets are connected, and are the right way round.  I gather you've already done that but it's worth double checking.  Can you also let us know if the red LED on the remote control is on, off or flashing when both the controller and the tank are switched on.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

Have contacted customer services and they have told me that they will be sending out a new circuit board and cable connection. I have checked all cables and they are the right way around. Very strange that the tank moved the first time then nothing. Camera is working.

The red light on the controller they do not know what is causing it not to come on. They have said that they will look into it. As I have told them the right light does not come on. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the problem with the remote the light is flashing and will not pair with the tank and also the turret does not move and one motor stopped working. Agora is sending me a new circuit board and motor 

Hi all

Just got an email from Agora customer services.

Been informed that we will be supplying new, updated parts as soon as possible. I don't have a date yet but there will be more news in due course on our forums. If I get any more updates, I will let you know. 
Thank you for you your valuable feedback. 
Have a lovely weekend. 

Looks like they are trying their best to sort out everybody's problem and to get this tank model working.

Great support thanks

Are they proactively sending out replacement circuit boards/motors to everyone?

I have a pending email to respond to, they have asked me to verify some pretty basic stuff that I knew enough to do, but figured I'd reply with pictures/video in case that helped.

2 hours ago, Apathic said:

Are they proactively sending out replacement circuit boards/motors to everyone?

I have a pending email to respond to, they have asked me to verify some pretty basic stuff that I knew enough to do, but figured I'd reply with pictures/video in case that helped.

Hi Apathic, yes we will be posting an update on the forum this week, please look out for our update. Thank you

Hi all had problems with my tank too after ordering new Main circuit board and top circuit board I have found I still had the same problem but the red and black ribbon has different cable configurations the plug on the top circuit board is the wrong way around if you’re very careful and take the white plug off the circuit board turn it around and everything works

Agorasam, why do you persist in deleting every post I make? One user asks for an update and you politely answer their post. I ask the same question and my comment gets deleted.

This really is a poor way to treat a paying customer. If you don't want my money, please say so. I'll happily take my custom elsewhere.

On 10/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, notsram said:

Agorasam, why do you persist in deleting every post I make? One user asks for an update and you politely answer their post. I ask the same question and my comment gets deleted.

This really is a poor way to treat a paying customer. If you don't want my money, please say so. I'll happily take my custom elsewhere.

A caveat here:

I don't work for Agora at all.  I too am a paying customer.  I too have a non-working tank.  I too am frustrated.

You want to know what the difference is between us?

I'm patient, my life doesn't seem to hinge on this model and above all, I am polite when dealing with Agora.  I don't feel the need to publicly bash them and constantly complain on the message boards.  If they come up with a solution, I *may* consider more partwork models from them.  If they don't, I'm done with partwork kits, since they are the only ones that ship to Canada.

Pretty simple:  I accept my losses and move on.

I'm encouraged by the fact that they are releasing an upgrade kit to us, for free, but I'm not really holding my breath.

• Like 1

I think from my limited testing that this may correct a great number of inherent flaws in the parts. I do think one of my main drive motors is bad, though - I've swapped it out on the PCB to verify it does work when switched. If there's anything I've learned in my career as a software programmer though - is that I'm more often wrong than right 🙂

Can't say I'm looking forward to tearing down and replacing springs in the turret - God knows I've taken that bottom plastic plate on and off more times than I should have already. 

But thanks, Agora. 

3 hours ago, Athos_1969 said:

A caveat here:

I don't work for Agora at all.  I too am a paying customer.  I too have a non-working tank.  I too am frustrated.

You want to know what the difference is between us?

I'm patient, my life doesn't seem to hinge on this model and above all, I am polite when dealing with Agora.  I don't feel the need to publicly bash them and constantly complain on the message boards.  If they come up with a solution, I *may* consider more partwork models from them.  If they don't, I'm done with partwork kits, since they are the only ones that ship to Canada.

Pretty simple:  I accept my losses and move on.

I'm encouraged by the fact that they are releasing an upgrade kit to us, for free, but I'm not really holding my breath.

Were I to respond to your holier-than-thou comments, I'm certain this would simply result in another deletion. So I'm not going to bother.

Agora, thanks for finally posting an update on this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My patience, while great, is finite.  It has now come to an end.

With a non-functional tank, no notification of a repair pack even being sent, and overall poor communication, This kills any desire for me to build another partwork kit again, which is a shame, because the Optimus Prime build looked interesting.

I'm done now, and have this $1800 CDN white elephant staring at me from the shelf.

Goodbye Agora.

-Mike