Tank not working

Palian

8 minutes ago, Karl said:

I’m in Adelaide my new circuit board was faulty l used the original, so the parts l used were the new main board and new ribbon cable because the plugs are opposite to my original then plug them in and that made my head lights and turret work correctly but please check that the new little board has the plastic connector plugs in the same way round as the original . You have to be very careful when you unplug the connectors because it pulls the pins out of the circuit board, try this and let me know how you get on good luck with it  Karl 

It was my new little board that was faulty 

1 hour ago, Karl said:

It was my new little board that was faulty 

Hi mate

Change the board as you did. The turret now turns but still no lights. I did do a test on all the LED's and all are faulty.

Also, one of the wires for the up and down motor has come off. Will have to repair and let you know.

19 minutes ago, Palian said:

Hi mate

Change the board as you did. The turret now turns but still no lights. I did do a test on all the LED's and all are faulty.

Also, one of the wires for the up and down motor has come off. Will have to repair and let you know.

Ok good to see you have made some progress, l have found that the gun barrel needs more clearance in the turret to recoil and activate the led in the barrel good luck.

28 minutes ago, Karl said:

Ok good to see you have made some progress, l have found that the gun barrel needs more clearance in the turret to recoil and activate the led in the barrel good luck.

Tested all the LED's and none are working. The gun barrel is now working better after taking it out and sanding down the edges. 

Have sent an email to Agora about this problem. Will wait and see what happens. Do not know how to fix the plugs that have come off after having to remove them a dozen times. Will see if I can find some micro plugs to fit.

12 minutes ago, Palian said:

Tested all the LED's and none are working. The gun barrel is now working better after taking it out and sanding down the edges. 

Have sent an email to Agora about this problem. Will wait and see what happens. Do not know how to fix the plugs that have come off after having to remove them a dozen times. Will see if I can find some micro plugs to fit.

I’m not good with the plugs but I was able to push the pins in and solder them in + you can get the plugs off the board if you are gentle with a knife and rock them up a little at a time then you can slide them back into position. I would also suggest you check the little second board that all the lights go through just in case.

36 minutes ago, Karl said:

I’m not good with the plugs but I was able to push the pins in and solder them in + you can get the plugs off the board if you are gentle with a knife and rock them up a little at a time then you can slide them back into position. I would also suggest you check the little second board that all the lights go through just in case.

I have now given up with this model. Will be seeing about getting something back from Agora. I was told that they are great from a friend but not after this hassle. 

This was my first and will be my last unless they complexly replace most of the wiring etc.

Thanks for your help.

8 hours ago, AgoraSam said:

Hello Palian, please contact us via our website so we can see your account and help you. Thank you

Have contacted them and have been told that they will be sending out all the replacements that I listed which was quite a few.

Hopefully this will make my model work and restore faith back to Agora.

• Like 1