The Routemaster Bus is here (almost)

wyatt

Greetings Good People,

Just ordered the 1/12 Routemaster Bus. I've been waiting for this one a long time. Well done Agora! Thank you for this. And I finished collecting the T800 just in time to become an Agora Elite member which allowed me to get the first pack for free. just shipping. Thank you again everyone at Agora. 

I was a little disappointed that no email notifications where sent out announcing it going live on the website, nor for the fire truck. Oh well. So my wallet will be a bit lighter for another year. 

OK peeps, who else has ordered this beauty? Don't be shy.

wyatt 

• Like 1

If you're wanting a preview of the instructions and some really good pictures of the completed stages have a look at this Gents website;

http://www.britishmodelbuses.com/Build%20Your%20own%20Routemaster_Index.htm

His build is from the Hatchette subscription and the build stops at stage 98, not sure why, but the instructions go up to 100. It will still give you an idea of what's involved.

Enjoy,

wyatt

On 8/28/2021 at 12:14 AM, wyatt said:

Greetings Good People,

Just ordered the 1/12 Routemaster Bus. I've been waiting for this one a long time. Well done Agora! Thank you for this. And I finished collecting the T800 just in time to become an Agora Elite member which allowed me to get the first pack for free. just shipping. Thank you again everyone at Agora. 

I was a little disappointed that no email notifications where sent out announcing it going live on the website, nor for the fire truck. Oh well. So my wallet will be a bit lighter for another year. 

OK peeps, who else has ordered this beauty? Don't be shy.

wyatt 

We did send an email, hopefully you have it now. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

In the odd chance that anyone actually reads this, here is a link for a RM build that recently started, although it's from Hachette. Same kit that will be coming to us though. Translate it and you should glean some tips from this gent.

https://www.der-lustige-modellbauer.com/t34800-routemaster-rm857-von-hachette-in-1-12

Edited by wyatt
added URL

Hello all
this kit actually comes originally from the publisher Hachette and is manufactured by the IXO company. Agora is therefore also only a distributor.
the distribution ended in 100 n ° almost two years ago in england and australia only.
I mounted it: friends sent it to me in France from England every 6 weeks.
it is a magnificent model with very many parts sometimes not easy to assemble.
I don't know if Agora will follow, but in the different N ° there were about ten characters including the driver, the controller and passengers.

here is a finished photo.

DSC03139.thumb.JPG.63bb6d6600a6c5e0623f5f9783807f33.JPGDSC03134.thumb.JPG.65ff787457d1f488efc21374aec17358.JPG

SFB - congrats on signing up.

BigBus100 - check the 'Official Build Diary', which will be done by Dave Say, as he will probably be the first to receive packs. Also, check 'World of Wayne' on youtube as he'll be one of the first also - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqD64BMSRW6S8phmT1gohw/videos .

Both should be excellent, but Dave's is going to be more comprehensive with tips, hints and mods. Looking at this picture his resume is top notch. I am so looking forward to this.

wyatt

picture is from the Agora news letter

4 ROUTEMASTERS.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK folks, who has received their first parts?  SFD?  BigBus100?  Bigbadbri?                ...Dave??😀

I have mine and it is everything I imagined and hoped for. So glad Agora picked this up. A hearty thanks to all the Agora peeps!!

Now, when are the after market goodies going to trickle in?