Lamborghini Miura

dr ocularus

• 4 weeks later...

I have had to sand /touch up and spray 3 clear cotes to bring my bonnet and rear end up to standard.Orange peel and paint runs are a far cry to the roof and doors we received.The paint work in all honesty on the bonnet and rear end was not good.Will post pictures once i wet and dry cut and buff the ofending parts.

• 2 weeks later...

On final stages of the lambo.Apart from re clear coting the model i have had other problems.Can anyone cast any light on the fact the bonnet will not fully close.I have also tried to place the chrome side skirts on but had to modify them to get them to fit.I have had to remove some of the bonnet internal frame work to get mine to close without ugly gaps,and sitting up.I have also had to manipulate the back engine cover to sit down,again without leaving ugly gaps.I have built lots of 1/8 scale cars through model space in the past but have not had to battle the body fit problems like this.Its not looking too bad now picture enclosed.Let me know if im the only one with these issues to have overcome.,

thumbnail_IMG_0235.jpg

• Like 1

Same problems here too; I trimmed and lowered the fluid filler under the moveable grille, removed some of the underhood structure and moved the spare tire slightly back.  For the rear, it was much more challenging- reshaping the area where it meets the roof , grinding that area to make it thinner so the cover will fit flush and reshaping the sides to make it flush with the center section area was done, still not perfect , but better [see attached]  I applaud you having the paint skills to sand and clear coat your bodywork; I did use a paint sanding/polishing kit to remove most of the orange peel, but not all of it.   It is a shame the body fit and paint quality is poor for such an expensive model to build, I wanted much better. 

345003193_223466506972430_1853748540242128713_n.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to learn about these issues that you are having. I have a kit here but if it has issues I am not looking forward to building it. I never was able to get the drivers door to close properly on my Super Snake. The preprinted metal bodies are not easy to modify.

Hi guys , I too have had issues with the hood , not aligned properly when closed. I shaved top portion of the fuel filler and left side ( drivers side) realigned perfectly, however the passenger side still will not close properly. I have therefore requested a replacement. The engine cover is not a perfect fit either but livable. I’ve had a bit of paint lift off the metal simple by applying masking tape when flipping the model over, maybe I can find a paint match and repaint that spot.what are you thoughts about on the chrome muffler tips, I don’t like them so I left them off, results in a cleaner more streamlined/ sporty look, IMHO. 

Hi Eagle 36.Well done on a great build.I am glad to hear i am not the only one to have encountered these problems.For what we paid the part quality [paint] and fit problems are very disapointing.For all out there still to complete your build,stay calm and think it through.One tip for improving the back opening engine bay is,look at where it sits on the cockpit structure as you may have to curve   the front of it to conform more to the shape of where its to sit on this structure.

Was thinking of the La Ferrari,but to be honest ,after this experience i dont think i will proceed,as the fit is even more important and i hear there are problems with the remote opening doors.Think i will sit back and wait until others go under the wire first to see how it pans out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The hood is bent so it will not close right and fit flush with the doors.  The first one I received was bent approx. 3/8" from one side to the other.  The replacement I received is not as bad, but it is still not straight

20230624.jpg

there are issues with the hood being bent.  The first one I received was off 6-7mm on one side.  The replacement is off 1-2mm.  I have not assembled it yet but I am don't think it will line-up with the doors etc. correctly.

I think this is a serious quality issue that Agora needs to address.  II have already had to disassemble quite a bit and damaged some parts the first time to replace the bent hood. Now the replace is also bent, altough not as much.

To be honest having completed the Miura ,i have to conclude its the worst part works model i have ever built.Orange peel paint work,needing a respray.,Bonnet ,doors and back engine bay all not fitting and leaving ugly gaps.Metal bodywork is bent out of shape making it impossible to achieve a good fit and justify the price of the model.Simply to sum it up its the worst part works i have ever built.

This one has made me very hesitant to start another without any build diary feedback.

• Like 2

It seems to be an issue with the molds that predates Agora. I have a friend who built the Hachette Italia version of this, and the body had the same problems. He is a body and fender repair man though, and I’ll see the outcome Friday night at the IPMS club meeting. He says it turned out ok. I’ll post pics, and pick his brain on how he achieved his results. 

Mark

• Like 1

Its not Agoras fault as they have just inherited a bad model.They did not develop this kit,and have only distributed it.I feel sorry for them having to cop all the flak from the modellers.Perhaps a little more research into the pros and cons of pre released models they wish to take on could be of benefit.