How about a Partworks Bentley blower?

Eagle36

Every time is see one of these at a concours event I walk away impressed;  this would make an interesting 1/8 scale partwork I would think---currently the artworks trend seems to be 'common' vehicles-VW Bettle, Fiats, etc

3-1929-team-blower.jpeg

1929-bentley-supercharged-41-2-litre-blower.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Count me in! If this one comes out I'll be thrilled!

?? If I was Agora, I'd look at the existing "big scale kits" and see how they worked. The Blower in 1/12 from Airfix is a classic, so if Agora has this model, I think the risk will be quite small. But it's probably not that easy... the modellers from yesterday and now are a different breed. I'm counting the seconds till that MIURA will be delivered at my door, but many of the kids I know, don't even know what a Miura is... 

Absolutely agree about the Miura….

I’ve just finished the GT500 and pack 7 of the Porsche has just arrived but the next car will be the Miura……I’m still shocked it turned up as a build, forever thankful but shocked

And what would be great is if Agora worked with these 1930's  models just like it was done in the 30's.

Back then you could order a rolling chassis which was delivered only with dashboard and hood/bonnet and then your bodyshop like Hooper, Pinin Farina, d'Ieteren or whatever made a body for it.

Agora could do the same... The Bentley would be a good start. The rolling Bentley chassis could be delivered as such and then you could choose among different bodies, ranging from Blowers, to Open Top Tourers etc...

Pocher did this sort of thing years ago. You can find them for sale on Ebay. It would be too costly to do this sort of pick and choose with die cast metal models nowadays.