Hatchette 1/12 Routemaster Bus

wyatt

Greetings everyone.

I would like to suggest the 1/12 Classic Routemaster double decker bus that Hatchette put out. I really, really would love this kit and as Agora is a distributor of Hatchette it might be a win/win/(win for me) situation. One point though, make it available as a 12 month subscription, like the T-800, not 24 months. Anybody else?

Looking forward to my first parts for the T-800. 

wyatt

• Thanks 1

woooo yes please. awesome. 

totally agree it should be 12 months. the hachete guys always do things over too long a time - who wants to wait 2 or 3 years for a model. not me. 

the bus is massive. totally cool. great addition to a collection!!!!

Capture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been following builds on utube also and it really looks awesome. There are even five or six figures from the bell bottom era including the driver, very groovy man. The only drawback I see is the use of Philips head screws on the outside panels, but I could live with that. 

For awhile the Hatchette Routemaster site said they were moving to a new warehouse and not available. Now it shows the packs for sale again, except for us Yanks. Blimey mate! Here's the link;

https://hachettepartworks.com/classic-routemaster

Come on people, raise your voices, "We want the Routemaster Bus!" PLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE Agora!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, john hunter said:

I am currently building the Routemaster and have only 20 issues left to complete. The bus is a beautiful model and very heavy. All working lights, bell, horn and engine noise.

20200329_132112.jpg

20200329_132144.jpg

Wow! That really does look impressive! 

1 hour ago, MattAldred said:

Wow! That really does look impressive!  

I am currently building the Routemaster and have only 20 issues left to complete. The bus is a beautiful model and very heavy. All working lights, bell, horn and engine noise.

Thanks!

Thank you John. That just makes me want one even more. What a beautiful model. I don't know how the partworks companies decide which kit they are going to do, but I sure hope Agora Models are considering this one. I mean, Agora Models is a distributor of Hachette's.

Now, the ultimate iteration of this kit would be a 'Knight Bus' version from JK Rowlings magic world. There's already a huge fan base. Plant the seed General Lou!!

wyatt

I heard about the Hogwarts Express also. To do it justice it will have to be at least 1/32 (G scale), but since it's a partworks kit 1/24 scale would be the only way to go. It would slot in with the C57, C62 and the D51 locomotives. Do the locomotive first, and later a couple of cars to tag along. Again, as with the Knight Bus, there is a HUGE fan base out there. Tap it.

One thing to consider. Make an option for a 12 month subscription along with a longer subscription if necessary. 

Hi John,

Being in it's infancy, this forum is kinda slow and I would like to make a request to maybe get some activity going (at least it will keep me going). If it's not a hassle for you maybe some more pics of your Routemaster bus? Detail or close-in shots? How was it to build? 

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay inside. Keep sane (if possible).

wyatt

Hi Wyatt,

More pictures as requested, i have also included some pages from the mag's that show the build detail. This Bus for me is easy to assemble and is also very detailed. The engine, interior and exterior look superb and very authentic. The roof is not what i expected as i am sure the bus should have had some beading strips but i may be wrong. As for the assembly the challenge for me was the wiring as with all builds it is fiddly and Hachette did get some of it wrong and sent out extension leads to correct their error. Some builders have made their own mods as i have with the headlights. Power is either 3 aaa batteries or a battery eliminator like mine which works perfectly. Any discolouration you see is just external lighting, the paintwork is uniform and looks immaculate. Touch up paint has been added to screws as i am fussy. This build is extremely enjoyable and it will be a stunning model when completed. Tools supplied or better than other builds but the tweezers are not the best so i would suggest to buy others. All the figures came with the build and a driver and conductor will be supplied later as part of the subscription.

20200426_102116.jpg

20200426_102128.jpg

20200426_101735.jpg

20200426_101451.jpg

20200426_101512.jpg

20200426_101610.jpg

20200426_101619.jpg

20200426_101249.jpg

20200426_101307.jpg

20200426_101315.jpg

20200426_101336.jpg

20200426_101420.jpg

20200426_101425.jpg

Hi John,

Thank you very much for all the pictures and building experience. That looks like one incredible model and also huge, complex, impressively detailed and I want one or two!!

Looking at the pictures I start to think about the design and engineering that goes into producing a model this big and complex. Then the manufacturing of all the parts and bringing it all together for the whole range of model builders, novice to pro, to assemble and enjoy. Mind boggling, but greatly appreciated. Of course this applies to all partworks kits. 

Can you explain about the battery eliminator? Thanks again for sharing your build experience.

Hi Wyatt,

The battery eliminator is a power supply that replaces the 3 AAA batteries, supplies the voltage and current required so that you don't need to keep buying batteries. Mine was for the Delorean build but didn't give enough power to handle the mods but the Routemaster doesn't need as much power.

Also the manufacturing and design of partworks would be great to be involved in or even just to see the process from beginning to end.

Attached is a video of the engine noise.

Well John and those interested, looks like a trial has started for the Hogwarts Express in 1/32. Here is a tiny morsel on a Japanese website that keeps track of partworks. Hope more info is forthcoming. 

https://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/kazuw01/diary/202004300000/

From the picture it looks like the locomotive and two cars. 1.3 meters is 4 feet 3 3/16 inches for us SAE folks. Nice!

Edited by wyatt
added more info

• 3 months later...

For those interested, the Hatchette 1/32 Hogwarts Express subscription has started in Europe. Interesting that it trialed in Japan but for sale in Europe. Oh well. Big drawback for me is the 2 1/2 year (30 months) subscription period. No thanks. If anybody across the pond starts this please share with us.

Hurricane coming tonight. Batten down the hatches!

https://hogwartsexpress.hachettepartworks.com/

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Chooksclan said:

Agora - if you decide to release the Routemaster outside of the UK please make sure you make it available in Australia.

And if possible a twelve month subscription would be better. Currently enjoying the Supersnake build - very enjoyable and great quality.

Of course, if we get the Routemaster, it will be available in Australia. Currently our business plan is that all Agora products will be available as a 12 month subscription.

Like the old joke... You might wait for a product for ages, and then 3 come at once! :)  

• 5 months later...