Prototype Photos

admin

• Administrator

The prototype of our E-type is gorgeous!!! here are a couple of photos of inside the cabin: The bucket seats have been specially engineered to mimc leather at the 1:8 scale. (If you just use real leather it doesn't have a 'scaled' feel to it, 1:1 leather on a 1:8 car ???!!!)

IMG_1479.thumb.JPG.d7f2414034ce848f7947ffe96a2b6e95.JPGIMG_1476.thumb.JPG.d7db5844bc07abbe3e99ec570f72497c.JPGIMG_1475.thumb.JPG.d88b3ec759a1efa754e38d732b606e0f.JPG

Nice! A few initial thoughts from me on this prototype.

like: wheels, seats, steering wheel, paint finish.

Room for improvement: windscreen itself and inside of screen surround, inside of doors (where lock striker is) should be body colour not interior colour and ideally lock metallic colour. And it needs carpets. Hate to say it but looks like a large bburago model in these areas, whilst there’s nothing wrong with that as such at this price point it should be and can be better. Let’s hope some of these issues get addressed for production. If they do I may just be tempted. 

• Like 1

• Administrator

thanks Matt, this is why we have the prototype to see what can be improved. I have passed your comments on the the development team 👍

• Like 1

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Eagle36 said:

Very encouraging, those seats look MUCH better than the coupe model.  Could you please consider making the center dash toggle switches separate parts?  They look toylike molded in like that. 

thanks. All ideas and suggestions are going to be passed on to the development team!!

I build Concours E types for last 45 yrs  and presently building a 61,  Nice model although needs a few changes ,  Start with the seats Too flat on bottom bolster should be a little higher in front. chrome the door lock and paint the inside of the door frames body color, Door panel on inside top of door way too thick  orig half that thick.  , also the inside door handles are not correct shape no hook on bottom, . Rear deck panel Licence plate should be body color Not black . Windscreen posts way too thick and needs top finisher for roof. also No paint should be seen . Need more shots of Engine to make detrmination of that corectness.  Major mistake on interior bonnet latches. you have Outside bonnet locks with inside bonnet locks Cannot have both.. 

• Like 2

Mark and Matt, I agree with you guys. The attention to detail just doesn’t seem to be there. 

And not to come off like a jerk, just speaking candidly, I could really care less that lasers or infrared were used to make sure the body shape is accurate to within 0.01mm, if big opportunities for accuracy are going to be overlooked when it comes to all the other details.  Yes, I want my body mold to be accurate, but to paint a picture, I would never perfectly restore the body of 300 SL Gullwing, to flawless paint perfection, only to cheap out on the interior or the engine bay.  If I ever get to restore a 300 SL Gullwing, you bet your rear end I’ll be restoring the entire car, down to nuts, bolts, and washers.  I build my models with the same principle in mind.  

I’m sure you guys saw the bashing that happened with some of the paint jobs that were shipped from other part work suppliers, particularly the bad rep that the mismatched body panels on the Eaglemoss DB5 got, and saw a great opportunity to, “avoid being those guys,” simply by offering high quality paint finishes on your models.  So while, yes, we do want good paint jobs (afterall, a comma in the price tag kinda demands it) that doesn’t mean we want JUST a shiny flawless shell, covering a bunch of mildly realistic plastic bits.  On the contrary, I think we want high quality paint jobs AND high quality details. Not sure it’s a, “this or that” debate at $1,000+ pricetag

Mimic MFH and old school Pocher kits, and you’ll have a die hard fan with me.  But I’m not privy to your sales stats or your overall business model, so perhaps my desires are just too much of a niche for you guys to make any money.  I could totally see that being the case, and can’t fault you for doing what needs to be done to keep the doors open.

• 1 month later...

This looks so good, but just wondering about the seat pads. They appear too flat when compared to the real car(see photo). Also are inside door pull handles included on the model? Maybe a small critique but it's usually the small things that count most. This is definitely on my bucket list. Thanks for manufacturing a great classic.

Jag_E-type_seats.jpg

• 3 months later...

please keep in mind that the images are of the prototype not the final production version.

For the door-pull handles mentioned by Tezza43 these were not actually in the early versions of the car and were introduced bit later, so won't be on ours which is 1961. You did get us worried though so we had to go back and double check with the original car that we '3D scanned' in the Jaguar collection and also some old photos of the interiors of the first cars. 

However the windows do actually wind up on our model if you turn the handles! 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My only critique so far is that I wish there was an uptop for it. IMO, many convertibles look their best with the top up as well as down. I do see that this is a prototype so I can bet there will be many changes between now and when it's ready to roll come September.

Either which way, it's REALLY NICE to see this car as it's something very rarely seen on the roads any longer. 👍

• Like 1