..and now for something completely different

Cubicle23

How about a Top Fuel Dragster? Any era, front or rear engine. Doug Kalitta's car has nice lines and bright livery, but old school front engine cars would be cool too. Don Garlits' Swamp Rat series maybe?

The outrageous proportions of these beasts would be a treat to have in 1:8 scale.

image.png.41716775bdac19c6e6617cadc20fb710.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 9:49 PM, Cubicle23 said:

How about a Top Fuel Dragster? Any era, front or rear engine. Doug Kalitta's car has nice lines and bright livery, but old school front engine cars would be cool too. Don Garlits' Swamp Rat series maybe?

The outrageous proportions of these beasts would be a treat to have in 1:8 scale.

image.png.41716775bdac19c6e6617cadc20fb710.png

I went to a museum once where they had the old school drag cars and I was able to sit in one.

I don't know how they did it back in the day. If you have a closer look you can see that the driver sits literally directly on top of the differential. You were surely in for some hell if it ever exploded under power.........

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 2/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, ILLOGI7ECH said:

I went to a museum once where they had the old school drag cars and I was able to sit in one.

I don't know how they did it back in the day. If you have a closer look you can see that the driver sits literally directly on top of the differential. You were surely in for some hell if it ever exploded under power.........

You needed b.....s of steel to drive them anyway!!! 😆

• Haha 1

My mom use to drag race when  don garlits was racing in the  early 60s. up here in Milan michigan. She use to  have a 1955 bel air rag top with a corvette engine and a 3 speed pontiac transmission. she use to race with no handicap and beat guys,   She use to do pin striping and flames. she got out after she had finished a flames on a  Model A souped up and the guys  car with up in flames, after a race  cause the guy he raced was mad her mom never knew.  last she knew the car she had and sold  was chased off the manhatten pier  by cop cars