Pack 11

Joep

I'm putting my build on pause until I can see the mounting instructions for the tracks in Pack 12.  I think that I've figured out a better way to do it, but need to know if there is any other things that need to be installed in that region first.

The idea is to join the (now 79 link) tracks in a loop, and put them onto the idler, tension and road wheels first, then put the drive wheel in, followed by threading the drive wheel shaft from inside the model.  Only then would I screw the gearbox in place.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Athos_1969 said:

I'm putting my build on pause until I can see the mounting instructions for the tracks in Pack 12.  I think that I've figured out a better way to do it, but need to know if there is any other things that need to be installed in that region first.

The idea is to join the (now 79 link) tracks in a loop, and put them onto the idler, tension and road wheels first, then put the drive wheel in, followed by threading the drive wheel shaft from inside the model.  Only then would I screw the gearbox in place.

Thoughts?

That’s probably a good idea.  Looks like one board is going to be replaced and I read the springs on the track wheels are also going to be replaced and god knows what else.  Pack 12 should be interesting.  Still no way to test the electronics!!

• Administrator
On 7/27/2022 at 2:28 AM, Athos_1969 said:

Thoughts?

Not sure that will work easily. It will be tricky lining up the wheel and axle, particularly with the flat on the axle needing careful alignment. The instructions will say to remove the tensioner wheel, put the looped track in place and refit the tensioner wheel. This works fine.  

Has pack 11 been shipped out.  I have seen photos of pack 11 in the build section.