Ship ideas

Venyige Ádâm

Hi everybody! Deagostini, Hachette have released several model ships over the years eg HMS Suprise, Soleil Royal etc. However, I just came up with some boat mockup ideas. These ideas are just sailing ships. A pirate ship like Queen's Revenge or Black Pearl or any galleon would be a good idea. Or HMS Victory. These ships could be in Quarter Scale. Now you are wondering why I always think on such a large scale. I'll tell you why. The bigger the mockup you build the better the feeling of owning the real thing. (Although this may be just my foolishness) There is a lot more detail to show and I've never seen one before. However, it may not be possible to do such. And if it did, it would make a lot of money. I'm aware of that. I know that impossibility is just as interesting. Interestingly I show you a web page. This site is a HMS Victory fan site. I found that they were making museums 1: 24,1: 4, but they even made a 1: 1 scale model. Worth a look.😉https://www.hmsvictory.de/web/index.phtml/Large-scale--Models-of-HMS-VICTORY--1765---V-05--id_5010.html?PHPSESSID=64f93529f2ec07969355a3e4c19f0d0a

• Like 1

A 1:48 Victory 😲

I am shortly starting work on Amati's 1:64 prototype for their instruction manual, and it's just short of 1.6m long! Even that is, size-wise, out of the reach of most modellers. In 1:48, it would be a staggering. I imagine the market would be quite limiting for a number of factors.

7 hours ago, James H said:

A 1:48 Victory 😲

I am shortly starting work on Amati's 1:64 prototype for their instruction manual, and it's just short of 1.6m long! Even that is, size-wise, out of the reach of most modellers. In 1:48, it would be a staggering. I imagine the market would be quite limiting for a number of factors.

What do you think of a 1:10 or 1: 4 scale.😂 If you could support it? 🤔 Actually, a pirate ship would be good like a black pearl or some famous galleon. etc I read about the 1: 4 scale model on the website I copied here but I don't know where it is right now. And that's where the 1: 1 is. A monster can't just disappear like this. I am very curious about the 1: 4 because the picture is black and white and in the water, I can't limit how big it really is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, Venyige Ádâm said:

Hi everybody! Deagostini, Hachette have released several model ships over the years eg HMS Suprise, Soleil Royal etc. However, I just came up with some boat mockup ideas. These ideas are just sailing ships. A pirate ship like Queen's Revenge or Black Pearl or any galleon would be a good idea. Or HMS Victory. These ships could be in Quarter Scale. Now you are wondering why I always think on such a large scale. I'll tell you why. The bigger the mockup you build the better the feeling of owning the real thing. (Although this may be just my foolishness) There is a lot more detail to show and I've never seen one before. However, it may not be possible to do such. And if it did, it would make a lot of money. I'm aware of that. I know that impossibility is just as interesting. Interestingly I show you a web page. This site is a HMS Victory fan site. I found that they were making museums 1: 24,1: 4, but they even made a 1: 1 scale model. Worth a look.😉https://www.hmsvictory.de/web/index.phtml/Large-scale--Models-of-HMS-VICTORY--1765---V-05--id_5010.html?PHPSESSID=64f93529f2ec07969355a3e4c19f0d0a

I'd second that Black Pearl build for sure. I think that would be a cool build.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Personally, I'd like to see something a little different.  Perhaps something like the Amati Ferrari Arno or the  Italian Runabout.

https://store.amatimodel.com/en/models-amati-classic/product-ferrari-arno-xi-special-edition-kit-b1610.html

https://store.amatimodel.com/en/models-amati-classic/product-italian-runabout-b1608.html

• 3 weeks later...

bonjour à tous,vous avez oubliez AMICALEMENT VOTRE se serait cool🤩

amicalement votre.jpg