Eaglemoss Titanic

Brad

I noticed on the Eaglemoss die-cast club website that a Titanic model is being shown.  I've not heard of this.  I assume the pre-orders that they are offering are just to gauge interest.  Might be a fun one if it definitely comes available.
Just curious if anyone else has heard anything.

Go Chiefs!!

Brad B

• Administrator

It was about 12 years ago and then again 5 years ago but by Hachette. I think the two different versions or slightly different in construction. Not sure which version this one is.

• 4 weeks later...

The titanic being offered is not prepainted. The average person will not have the painting skills necessary to make this model stunning.  This model can only be stunning if its prepainted to its customers.

• Like 1

Yeah the version been offered is a traditional wood built style kit. So the entire Hull will need building, lots of tools required beyond a screwdriver - saw, mitre block, pin pusher, small hammer, marking and other cutting tools, quite probably plank benders, lots of sanding will be needed, then masking, painting........ A lot of work involved and great for those who enjoy model ship building in the traditional sense, or anyone who may wish to get into this type of building without been faced with a full kit all at once that can be extremely daunting.

It won't be plastic and metal with pre painted parts that just screw together that's for sure. I suspect there will be some pre painted parts and plenty of PE for detail parts similar to the bismarck though. It does have lights too so a bit of electrical work. Not sure if it has motors for the propellers or anything. 

Thats what I gather about it so far .

I'm sure that many of the builders on theses forums will be up to the task.  My talents would surely make a mess of it.  I really am impressed thus far with the Bizmarck.  I would definitely be interested if the Titanic offered the same build experience.  2021 should be fun year for building.  I'm sure we will see some exciting new kits offered.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 12:53 PM, Brad said:

I'm sure that many of the builders on theses forums will be up to the task.  My talents would surely make a mess of it.  I really am impressed thus far with the Bizmarck.  I would definitely be interested if the Titanic offered the same build experience.  2021 should be fun year for building.  I'm sure we will see some exciting new kits offered.

I'm in the same boat....I watched Wayne doing the HMS Victory and though "Well that looks fun" and ALMOST ordered one....and then I got to really thinking about it...I'm a HORRIBLE painter for the most part.  And the though of all the rigging made me re-think that.

• Like 1