Problem: Loose Vertebrae

oakboy2002

I just finished pack number 5 and have identified a problem with the fit of the vertebrae. In the documentation, the vertebrae are tightly packed and fit flush with the top of the spinal cord.

In my build, my vertebrae do not fit flush against the top of the spinal cord even after I've attached the bottom plate and screwed on the nut as tight as it will go. Instead, they sag down and don't fit flush with the top of the cord and can actually turn independently from the cord now because the top one sags so low down.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact support?

Here's a picture of the problem I'm seeing: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1XeRpBiNWLrwC8rqLnG974jKucUk7OD3EdLZ_Urlmf_Y/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by oakboy2002
Added missing details about my build

Hey @oakboy2002, I don't have the problem you are stating.

Your photo doesn't show the connection of the spinal cord at the bottom of the vertebrae - maybe you didn't tighten the nut enough, or inserted the wrong end of the spinal cord.

Also, the attachment of the bottom plate (last before pelvis) isn't shown. Things snugged up significantly for me after that.

Hey @Beamerboy - thanks for commenting.

The picture I uploaded is what it looks like after the bottom plate is attached and the nut fully tightened (sorry, bad pic). I'm also pretty sure I have the spinal chord oriented correctly because only one side will screw into the top piece that is supposed to rotate and the other side is the only side that will fit the nut.

What bothers me is that it sags so much that the top vertebrae isn't fitting into the top of the spinal chord like it should which makes the whole thing not turn correctly.

A couple people reported the same problem I'm having over in the Facebook group for the Hatchet Build of the Terminator. I wonder if I'm having the same problem. Might be time to contact support.

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure my spinal cord is too long. Does anyone want to measure their's and let me know how long their's is? My cord measures a touch over 4.25 inches long (I measured from one thread to the other).

I also was bored this morning and did some rough comparisons of my spinal cord in comparison to World of Wayne's spinal cord (from his Agora Build #5 video) and found that mine is longer than his as well. Here's what I found if anyone is interested. I've submitted it to Agora support to get their input.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1A4Wn4QkaN7kG7CFJWqj_saWd1xYxRgTNjTgl1SuCuTg/edit?usp=sharing

Example #A is the most obvious and self-explanatory.

1 hour ago, oakboy2002 said:

I'm pretty sure my spinal cord is too long. Does anyone want to measure their's and let me know how long their's is? My cord measures a touch over 4.25 inches long (I measured from one thread to the other).

I also was bored this morning and did some rough comparisons of my spinal cord in comparison to World of Wayne's spinal cord (from his Agora Build #5 video) and found that mine is longer than his as well. Here's what I found if anyone is interested. I've submitted it to Agora support to get their input.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1A4Wn4QkaN7kG7CFJWqj_saWd1xYxRgTNjTgl1SuCuTg/edit?usp=sharing

Example #A is the most obvious and self-explanatory.

It does indeed look too long. I wasn't looking at the number of twists as I have to presume the material could vary, but the 1cm blocks is the teller.

I'm currently not on build pack 5, but for the sake of checking if this might be a problem, I went ahead to build the spine. My spinal cord measures 4 1/8 inches, and with my spinal cord, Agora/Hachette added some authentic terminator rust/crude..... 

image1.jpg.bcddeac52ecd23b2700704bb5294cff5.jpg

Once all assembled (with pieces 50-2 and 50-4) all seems to be good, no gaps (See embedded pics). if your cord is too long, I'm sure Agora will send you a new one.

image2.jpg.43319936bdac97b813d7d2eb17a5c602.jpg

image3.jpg.bbc1f78663220ae332ccaa1405381d29.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Yup.

They sent me another packet that included a vertebrae piece that was the right size.

The replacement packet took forever to ship -probably took ~3-4 weeks to get to my door in the US- so I'd pressure them to send you the replacement ASAP, otherwise you won't be able to proceed with the build.