Pocher Lotus D72

Franknstang

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely on my next build wish list, I remember making the Tamiya plastic kit back in the late 70's, which was a detailed model at the time.

I have been distracted with other projects but I have made some progress. This first addition of Pocher instructions leave much to be desired . I have built several Pocher models spanning their existence and am used to their directions. I am sure their will soon be updated plans by builders including Paul Koos and Scale Models. Here are some pics of my progress.

IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6095.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG

IMG_6106.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am making headway on the Lotus. Here are a few more pics. This model is typical of Pocher as far as many small parts require glue however the details are fantastic. I like the challenge that Pocher presents to the builder. It leaves one with the feeling of accomplishment and pride. I get the feeling that I am actually assembling a real car.

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6113.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Franknstang said:

Moving along. Be sure to mount inside brake support before assembling brake unit. It will not fit over rotors in one piece.

IMG_6126.JPG

IMG_6127.JPG

IMG_6128.JPG

IMG_6131.JPG

IMG_6132.JPG

IMG_6138.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6141.JPG

My previous note regarding brake assembly order was not accurate. The brake support must be screwed in place first. Then install the shafts with rotors. The calipers and outer brake body screw on last along with the photo etched covers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have completed the Lotus . I am very happy with the build and kit. This Pocher model has many pieces that are attached with glue so patience is required but well worth it. I love the finish and details. 

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

IMG_6154.JPG

IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6157.JPG

IMG_6158.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for the photos, they are a great help in my progress.  It's always better seeing a photo/3D image as the instruction manual is a bit 2D and not always intuitive of component/tubing layouts.

Just added the tail unit to the gearbox.