Ford GT40

neildon

Does anybody know if there is a good part works GT40 out there to build, as a preference I would narrow it right down to the ‘66 GT driven by Miles and Co. but I’m not sure if I’m not looking properly or if there isn’t a good one out there to do.

Was just wondering that was all….

I have subscribed for the GT40(12 month) and The VW Samba. I have never built a DeAgostini model but they have been in business for a long time. They come with display cases as well.

Neildon: I've built the DeAgostini Gt40; if this one is for you depends on how much accuracy you want in model; There are many areas in the model that are inaccurate, though it does make  nice display model when finished-from 3 feet and beyond . 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I sort of suspected that it was short on details from the pictures on the website. I have built several of the early Pocher "classics" that are great display pieces IMO that I enjoy looking at regardless of details. They are very challenging and require skills. I build models because I enjoy the exercise as much anything. I am retired and was used to building custom control cabinets and auto mated installations 40-60 hours a week. The models are a good substitute. Once my old eyes are fixed I have some great highly detailed 1/12 MFH models to build. They are a challenge. The contemporary 1/8 scale parts works models are easy but present well.

I did take a look at the GT and you are quite right, some of the finer detail is lacking.

I would like to think there is something out there between the DeAgostini and the Amalgam version which is just ridiculously priced, fine detail is one thing but £13,995 for a model….. fairly sure there aren’t many of us willing to pay that…..and you don’t even get the honour of building it

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/15/2023 at 3:24 PM, neildon said:

I did take a look at the GT and you are quite right, some of the finer detail is lacking.

I would like to think there is something out there between the DeAgostini and the Amalgam version which is just ridiculously priced, fine detail is one thing but £13,995 for a model….. fairly sure there aren’t many of us willing to pay that…..and you don’t even get the honour of building it

I built one and it needs a little detail. But it builds nicely. 

IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_6301.jpeg

IMG_6300.jpeg

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6298.jpeg

IMG_6287.jpeg

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg