Engine Mods

vette99

On 11/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, vette99 said:

I'm not going crazy with mods but a few things bothered me with pack 4.

The spark plug wires in the kit are out of scale, added aftermarket.

A few Meng nuts and bolts

Hollowed the exhaust tips with a Dremel.

Where did you source the spark plug wires from?    They look awesome.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:35 AM, vette99 said:

Thanks for the comments. The spark plug wires are 30 AWG  1mm diameter that I purchased from eBay several years ago. The yellow tags are Tamiya tape with a thinned coat of canopy glue to keep them from unraveling.

I'm even more impressed these are from scratch! Amazing tedious work dude.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

nice work Vette99!

thanks for sharing, I too was not liking the spark plug wires as well, now I'm think I might have to redo them.

it has been a very long time sense I built a kit....lots to learn,  things like the after market nuts and bolts new glues

I like your exhaust tips as well, so I did mine with a step drill by hand

can't wait to see what your going to do with the fuel lines...👍

• 1 month later...

Pocher Lotus 72 is currently on the bench but just a quick update where I left the Porsche. The fuel lines aren't correct according to my references, adding a fuel line to the fuel injection pump with banjo fitting at the pump. I'll wait for stage 75 to complete the fuel lines to include the right side of the car. I build 1/12 scale F1 cars so the details are important to me when the car is displayed with the engine cover open. The seats were sprayed with Scale Motorsport Faux Fabrix so not to lose the detail of the seat.

fuel.JPG

DSCN4015.JPG

seat.JPG

• Like 3

Love the braided hoses and fittings. The right side of the fuel system kicked my butt. Ended up just modifying the tops of the pumps to take the lines from the splitter. Not authentic but was within my skill level (this is my first ever scale model) and looks OK for the level of detail I'm shooting for.. Hope someday be able to work at the detail level of your builds, fantastic.

20230415_082722.jpg

• Like 2