CAM POWER OFF

Apathic

• Administrator

If it's lights and the turret rotation not working, check the black and red ribbon cable is properly seated in both the main control unit and the board in the top of the tank.

• Administrator

If the Cam is showing power off, first switch the tank and controller off and on again.  I know it sounds like an IT help line, but mine didn't work first time, but it worked after cycling the power and has worked ever since.  Then try holding the video button on the controller for a few seconds to force pairing.  If these don't work, check the multi-coloured ribbon cable both on the main control unit and in the turret.  Also check the plug that goes to the camera.

Ok so I started the tank up pressing holding the power button on the remote, the message  on the screen says pairing then goes to pairing failed.  The smoke works and the forward and reverse work the sound works the recoil on the barrel works sometimes, the turret left a right does not work, the barrel up and down doesn’t work very well and lights in front and back are blinking.  The main lights do not come on.  One other thing the power light on the remote is blinking.  Also how long do you charge the battery

2 minutes ago, Apathic said:

Hey Joep, you can charge the tank until the red light beside the port turns off. I do think that part of it works 🙂

Thanks  now if I can all the other stuff working!!

So I did get the camera to work, but turret will not move the barrel will only go down.  The other problem is the sound card sounds awful it keeps cutting in and out.

maybe Mark, the master modeler can help out with this

• Administrator
On 8/29/2022 at 8:20 PM, Joep said:

So I did get the camera to work, but turret will not move the barrel will only go down.  The other problem is the sound card sounds awful it keeps cutting in and out.

maybe Mark, the master modeler can help out with this

The barrel issue is quite easy to fix.  You need to remove any sharp edges or flash on the gun and the turret.  Raise the gun to it's highest elevation to expose the inside of the turret cut-out as shown in the photo below.  You will need to scrape off any flash and round edges, and also perhaps scrape off some plastic until the gun can be pushed down and springs up freely.  The photo only shows one side, but do both.  Also smooth the corners of the gun mantle so there are not sharp edges that can catch.  You may also need to smooth the top edges of the turret, but you'll only need to take off any flash and rough corners.  Once the barrel can be pushed down and springs up freely, it will work perfectly with the remote.

P8230863.thumb.JPG.9e370440254b14f7eb17e5feb9a883dd.JPG