Remote Control Batteries

shipgeezer

This is a question for Agora specifically because of directions in assembly. I notice it says to remove the batteries in the remote when not in use...Having said that, can Agora advise me on what exactly is actually robbing and burning up the batteries when everything is turned off. The batteries in remote control seem to last only a day or two when everything is OFF...Why is this?? Has anyone else had to replace the rermote batteries a lot?? Thanks

Interesting that it would drain the batteries with the remote off. I haven’t got to that point yet (up to 130). If we had a hard (actual) switch on the remote then that would disable all power to remote ( thus no leakage), but we have a soft switch, which just turns the remote control computer on and off. When the remote is off there is still power going to the pcb (computer standby mode), so there must be current leakage ‘somewhere’ on the board. There’s no way to resolve this problem without rewriting the software for the remote or to add an actual micro on/off switch to the remote (cost a couple of dollars and half an hour to install. Alternatively, just reverse one of the batteries in the battery pack to break the circuit.

That’s my thoughts. 🙂

FYI - I’m not an expert on ship remote controls, but have 35 years experience on military guidance systems… if that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem. On fourth set of batteries. If no fix is found then I will have to switch to rechargeables or leave battery cover off and remove a battery.

Also, does anyone know the translation for the words used for Enemy port, starboard and drop anchor?

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 3:10 AM, mszafranski said:

I had to replace my batteries after a day or so also. I just checked them and they are dead now. Good thing I changed to rechargeable batteries.

Just finished doing a mod to the remote case and so far, the batteries have latest OK.   I put in a slide switch on the side of the case and cut the red wire. One side to the common side of the switch and another piece of wire to the out of the switch them joined the outside contact to the wire that runs into the connector.

IMG_20221202_204257_hdr.jpg

Battery Compartment.png

9 hours ago, Palian said:

Just finished doing a mod to the remote case and so far, the batteries have latest OK.   I put in a slide switch on the side of the case and cut the red wire. One side to the common side of the switch and another piece of wire to the out of the switch them joined the outside contact to the wire that runs into the connector.

Very slick. You should patent it 🙂