Servo moror

Ajacobi

Hi, I seem to be having some issues with my servo, my test board is lighting up and is responding to the button presses fine, but I noticed that my servo has a loose wire in the plug and also the wires seem to be reversed from what’s in the instructions. I’m wondering if I could do something to fix this or was a dealt a bad servo and ask for a new one?

5 hours ago, Ajacobi said:

I’m on stage 6 and I’m referring to the servo that comes in stage 52

1B83F176-DFA2-4EFE-8F8F-6E739C550A14.png

15A7D719-6F8D-4235-B751-ED5A39CCEB0D.png

IMG_7085.MOV

You have several options:  1. cut the wire, reverse it, splice and spot solder it, then heat shrink with electrical tubing to seal the splice and solder.  Then test.  2. Cut the red and black wire where it connects to the plug so that both wires are separate, use a sharp exacto knife.  Then tug gently on the black, then red wire.  If one pulls out, the plug is broken.  I would splice the wire so more copper shows and stick back in the plug, try to get a drop of solder into the plug with the wire already inserted.  Then test  3.  Best course of action, ask for a new part.  Agora is good about that.  I'm on Pack 5, but have to replace the travel switch in Pack 4 for the main landing gear due to a wire breaking off.  The spot solder and wire broke while trying to install it.  I soldered back, but asked for a new one as that is a no fail point (not having the landing gear not rotate. after the wing is built.)  Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ajacobi said:

i now see they changed, any reason for the sudden change?

Could you be more specific?  You won't be getting much advice here.  My opinion is Agora really doesn't know much about this product or model building in general.  Please visit my profile, and direct any questions to me and I'll do my best to help you.

Charles

• Administrator

Hi all,

The problem with the wire on the servomotor (052-01) is that it has been manufactured with the wires in the reverse sequence on the plug to what they should be. Therefore in Pack 7, stage 59 (assembling the elevator for which the servomotor is needed), we are supplying a new adapter part which will essentially correct the wring sequence. Once you attach this adapter to the existing wiring you can then run the test with the battery pack. I have just today received this part to try it out and the problem is resolved. 😃

Therefore it is not necessary to cut or refit any of the wiring on the server motor, just wait for the adapter in stage 59 to resolve the issue.

This is all reflected in the updated instructions for Pack 6 that are now in the download center. If your instructions say to test the server, then you have the old instructions, so please download the updated Pack 6 instructions. Pack 7 instructions will show you exactly what you need to do and are due to be uploaded soon

7 hours ago, admin said:

Hi all,

The problem with the wire on the servomotor (052-01) is that it has been manufactured with the wires in the reverse sequence on the plug to what they should be. Therefore in Pack 7, stage 59 (assembling the elevator for which the servomotor is needed), we are supplying a new adapter part which will essentially correct the wring sequence. Once you attach this adapter to the existing wiring you can then run the test with the battery pack. I have just today received this part to try it out and the problem is resolved. 😃

Therefore it is not necessary to cut or refit any of the wiring on the server motor, just wait for the adapter in stage 59 to resolve the issue.

This is all reflected in the updated instructions for Pack 6 that are now in the download center. If your instructions say to test the server, then you have the old instructions, so please download the updated Pack 6 instructions. Pack 7 instructions will show you exactly what you need to do and are due to be uploaded soon

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi ive plugged in the the servo motor,first time there was a burning smell,then was Told I would need to wait till issue 59,replaced battery box ,but the tester board not lighting up,explained to customer service,who told me to ask forum experts,I think tester board is broke,can you confirm please.