Bismarck modifications

Hey guys,

A topic to share some of the modifications for the Bismarck:

- Peddinghaus i Germany sells additional decals for the ship for the ones who desire the most details, just search for 'Bismarck decals 1/200' and you find several spots to buy them.

- Detailing: I am using a Tamiya dark grey panel liner wash to emphasize the details of the ship more.

- Blast bags: I used 2 cm of the fingertips of white latex gloves, cut a small hole in the top and put the guns through them, it give the appearance of blast bags and with a little weathering they seem genuine, without affecting the mobility of the guns. 

If somebody has other suggestions or tutorials, feel free to add. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Franval, regarding The portholes.  I’ve used a black acrylic artists pen on the portholes and then as you suggested overlaid with Micro Krystal Klear to provide the appearance of glass

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose there could be a possibility but you would need to seal every single panel to make the Hull water tight. Its quite heavy but if the displacement is correct it could float. No idea how stable it would be though. Personally I'm not willing to risk finding out considering  how much it cost.

• Like 1

Finished weight will be around 6kg.

It would look pretty cool in the water, but I'd test in a bath tub first before setting sail on the high seas... or a lake, or a pond.

And it's gonna need a lot of silicone. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
El 14/3/2021 a las 18:17, lespatrick dijo:

Franval, sobre Los ojos de buey. He usado un bolígrafo acrílico negro para artistas en los ojos de buey y luego, como sugirió, lo superpuse con Micro Krystal Klear para proporcionar la apariencia de vidrio.

Hola buenas noches tendrás algunas fotos pera ver como quedan los ojos de buey con el fondo negro y el cristal arriba, desde ya muchas gracias.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...