Bismarck display case questions

tinkertoo

@General Lou or @admin

1.       Are these the display pedestals’ that will come with the model (As seen on the Bismarck Kit video), and can they be used within the display case?

Pedistol.jpg.523c920505776a7a6f8db93a2db94167.jpg

2.       What are the "inner" dimensions of the display case? (others may have purchased brass pedestal instead, would want to know if everything will fit)

3.       Will kit builders be able to purchase the Bismarck display label separately from the display case?

Label.thumb.jpg.7f9c08c68ce7ba3d4b401a66559245ae.jpg

4.       You mentioned that the display case will be shipped flat packed, does that mean we will have to glue the display cover together? Or will it be assembled in a different way? Will the display base be in one piece? Please provide details.

Thanks you 🙂

• tinkertoo changed the title to Bismarck display case questions
On 10/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, tinkertoo said:

@General Lou or @admin

1.       Are these the display pedestals’ that will come with the model (As seen on the Bismarck Kit video), and can they be used within the display case?

Pedistol.jpg.523c920505776a7a6f8db93a2db94167.jpg

2.       What are the "inner" dimensions of the display case? (others may have purchased brass pedestal instead, would want to know if everything will fit)

3.       Will kit builders be able to purchase the Bismarck display label separately from the display case?

Label.thumb.jpg.7f9c08c68ce7ba3d4b401a66559245ae.jpg

4.       You mentioned that the display case will be shipped flat packed, does that mean we will have to glue the display cover together? Or will it be assembled in a different way? Will the display base be in one piece? Please provide details.

Thanks you 🙂

On all questions: We are finalising the details. We will give out more info when we have it, in the next couple of months. 

6 minutes ago, General Lou said:

On all questions: We are finalising the details. We will give out more info when we have it, in the next couple of months. 

This is a problem, since my purchase decision will be based on the answers given to these questions, i.e. weather I buy the case or not? Anyway to get this info, before the special for the case and kit is over?

The most important question for me is the inner dimensions of the case, since I have purchased brass pedestals for this kit already.

23 hours ago, tinkertoo said:

This is a problem, since my purchase decision will be based on the answers given to these questions, i.e. weather I buy the case or not? Anyway to get this info, before the special for the case and kit is over?

The most important question for me is the inner dimensions of the case, since I have purchased brass pedestals for this kit already.

I will get somebody to contact the factory, to see if i can get the inner dimension for you and whether the brass pedestals fit.

4 hours ago, General Lou said:

I will get somebody to contact the factory, to see if i can get the inner dimension for you and whether the brass pedestals fit.

@General Lou Thanks, and for anyone who's interest in which pedestal I purchased for the Bismarck, here it is a Pontos (35014P1) solid brass pedestal set for 1:200 scale ships

They stand approximately 52 mm high (5.2cm, 2.04 inches).

4f12e2a466860e733e6ab1d515c923ec.image.800x534.jpg.d7ce85e36ae523d6c9d4c7a5a2f90961.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, tinkertoo said:

@General Lou, any luck in finding some info about the inner dimensions of the Bismarck case?

Thanks

I have found out from the factory these dimensions, please note that they are still developing it so it may change very slightly.

Length= 1350mm

width= 355mm

height= 400mm (particularly this measurement has yet to be fully confirmed)

The perspex will be 3mm thick, so you need to deduct that from above to get the inner dimension.

The outside dimension of the base will be 20mm bigger than above.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, General Lou said:

I have found out from the factory these dimensions, please note that they are still developing it so it may change very slightly.

Length= 1350mm

width= 355mm

height= 400mm (particularly this measurement has yet to be fully confirmed)

The perspex will be 3mm thick, so you need to deduct that from above to get the inner dimension.

The outside dimension of the base will be 20mm bigger than above.

Hope that helps.

That's fantastic info, based on the dimensions of the ship, which are:

Length: 1252 mm
Height: 300 mm
Width: 180 mm

This will work out great....The best part of the news you provided, is the type of acrylic you will be using, PERSPEX, that's FANTASTIC, perspex, has great optical and Anti-UV  properties.

Looks like I will be buying the case, thank you so much @General Lou!!!!

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 8:34 PM, tinkertoo said:

That's fantastic info, based on the dimensions of the ship, which are:

Length: 1252 mm
Height: 300 mm
Width: 180 mm

This will work out great....The best part of the news you provided, is the type of acrylic you will be using, PERSPEX, that's FANTASTIC, perspex, has great optical and Anti-UV  properties.

Looks like I will be buying the case, thank you so much @General Lou!!!!

'Perspex' is a trade name. It comes in different grades.

I used to work at the factory in the UK which made the stuff (I.C.I.)

It's possible they unified grades, but for an indoor case, UV wouldn't generally be a problem in your lifetime.

The name 'Perspex' is also sometimes used as a generic name for acrylic sheet, when it's not actually Perspex

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James H said:

The name 'Perspex' is also sometimes used as a generic name for acrylic sheet, when it's not actually Perspex

Interesting, in Canada, we use Plexiglass as the generic name for acrylic sheet.... live and learn, thanks for the info. 🙂