Assembly tools

Beamerboy

Need some advice here

I'm assembling the T-800 Terminator, which is primarily put together with super glue and PH00 screws. In Pack 1 on page 8, there is an expert tip, which suggests getting a PH00 screwdriver with a shaft length of at least 90mm. Where can I find one of that dimension???

I've run through many Australian hobby shop websites, and searched through eBay and Amazon.com.au - really only finding shaft lengths up to 50mm in the ph00 size, and only one supply of a driver about 170mm long which costs HEAPS (which needs to be shipped out of China). Most driver sets only go as small as PH0, which doesn't work. I've also tried socket drivers with extension bars, but that doesn't fit for Pack 1 Stage 4 Step 3.

If the recommended driver can't be easily sourced in Australia or other localities worldwide where Agora is making their kits available, then can we provide pointers to where the recommended screwdriver can be procured?

7 hours ago, Beamerboy said:

Need some advice here

I'm assembling the T-800 Terminator, which is primarily put together with super glue and PH00 screws. In Pack 1 on page 8, there is an expert tip, which suggests getting a PH00 screwdriver with a shaft length of at least 90mm. Where can I find one of that dimension???

I've run through many Australian hobby shop websites, and searched through eBay and Amazon.com.au - really only finding shaft lengths up to 50mm in the ph00 size, and only one supply of a driver about 170mm long which costs HEAPS (which needs to be shipped out of China). Most driver sets only go as small as PH0, which doesn't work. I've also tried socket drivers with extension bars, but that doesn't fit for Pack 1 Stage 4 Step 3.

If the recommended driver can't be easily sourced in Australia or other localities worldwide where Agora is making their kits available, then can we provide pointers to where the recommended screwdriver can be procured?

From what I have seen of other builds, this driver should be more than fine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001P18LO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BUT if you really want one that is 90+ mm in shaft length, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X44WGRC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A24JGA3DO5B17D&psc=1 These are 100mm long.

61eVaR9k-0L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

or EBAY: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bit-Set-Long-PHILIPS-1-4-S2-Steel-PH00-PH0-PH1-PH2-x100mm-Yato-YT-0459-YT-0488/273092724199?hash=item3f959845e7:m:md2LZkan3VBUnnDThAFdHLA

s-l1600.png

• Confused 1

• Administrator

• Administrator

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Thanks for this suggestion, Mark. I've been able to find an Australian distributor of Draper tools, and an in-stock supplier for the driver set on eBay. Currently have an offer in to buy at Recommended Retail - awaiting response. 

10 hours ago, Mark said:

No Australian suppliers found for Silverline tools. Shipping costs or delays from UK don't make this option viable.

13 hours ago, tinkertoo said:

Thanks, tinkertoo but I have heaps of options for shorter length ph00 drivers (and one in current possession), so that wasn't the question. As to the second idea of long length socket driver bits, I can't imagine that a set of ¼" socket bits was what was intended as the addition to my model-building collection suggested by the expert tip in the Build Guide.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, Beamerboy said:

Need some advice here

Check out https://www.jaycar.com.au/ as they have full tool kits with that size in them for reasonable prices

On 6/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, Beamerboy said:

Thanks for this suggestion, Mark. I've been able to find an Australian distributor of Draper tools, and an in-stock supplier for the driver set on eBay. Currently have an offer in to buy at Recommended Retail - awaiting response. 

Latest update - I bought the Draper tool 6-piece Extra Long Precision set via Ebay for around AUD $24, even though the product is available in Australia at a Recommended Retail of AUD $11.31. Suppliers don't keep it in stock much, and shipping from the distributors makes it more around what I've had to pay. More angst than it's worth to try chasing up the product at RRP.  

IMG_0262.png

• 10 months later...