Routemaster Pack 1 Build Diary

JDave Say

Hi everyone well here we are with the official build diary for pack 1 stages 1 to 10 , stage one as well as the lovely parts we received a little screwdriver to help us along the way with the build , I personally use wera screwdrivers PH0 , PH00 and PH000 but I also use this little screwdriver too as it’s really handy for getting into small spaces , I’ve built this first pack live on my YouTube channel which I believe has been shared to this group but if you wish to view this it’s available on ,( D S Models & Vintage ) , I also have a Facebook group dedicated to this Routemaster build with approximately 450 members which is ( Build the ROUTEMASTER Model 1:12 Scale ) and there is a wealth of information on there ranging from a simple modification to the more complex plus lots of historical facts and lots of friendly like minded builders of similar models etc , as  I’ve built this fabulous bus model nearly three years ago now I’ve also picked up a few hints and tips on both building it and modifying and a few of the tips are included in my YouTube videos , at this point I must point out that I am no expert when it comes to technical issues with computers etc but I am keen to try , you’ll also notice that I use oil on the screws that screw into metal parts that’s just normal 3 in 1 oil available almost anywhere , all that’s needed on that score is to place screw on the end of your screwdriver magnetic of course then simply dip the end of your screw into the oil you only need the tiniest bit it honestly makes the job easier and less risk of breaking the screws in the parts these screws that go into metal are marked on the little bags with an M and for screws going into plastic they are marked with a P , so to follow this text is the Build diary photos , I’ll try to answer your questions as we go along or point you in the right direction for help etc , I sincerely hope you enjoyed this journey with me .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wyatt said:

Hi Dave,

So the journey begins. Thanks again for your efforts. 

Hi Wyatt , yes this epic journey begins we’re setting off with a few fairly easy stages hopefully I’ve ironed out any technical problems I had now and I can settle into this fabulous build once again , I am  already excited for the next pack to arrive and hopefully the little hints and tips on my videos are helpful and will enhance the red Routemaster bus we are building in this build diary, , , I’ve just heard on the grapevine that I will be doing a second bus with Agora and this second bus will be Modded with all sorts of goodies and a complete change of colour scheme to into a much needed and wanted bus livery of SOUTHEND TRANSPORT ( blue &  white ) of the Essex Canvey area of England , it will represent the Last Routemaster in service with them and it was their Showbus so had some interesting features , it was registered as VLT172 and fleet number 102 , I am really excited about this and hope it has a lot of followers on all platforms , am absolutely sure this trip will be a journey of epic proportions that I hope many will enjoy and hopefully we’ll be able to help and point people in the right direction if they wish to have a go at modding their bus or even building a second bus In another livery of their choice , Dave Say .

2 hours ago, wyatt said:

👍 on the videos Dave. In case someone missed Dave's youtube channel, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/rustyenginesrus/videos

2 hours ago, wyatt said:

👍 on the videos Dave. In case someone missed Dave's youtube channel, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/rustyenginesrus/videos

Thank you for this wyatt very much appreciated 👍😊

• 3 weeks later...

Wow James looks stunning really like the way you have captured the textures in the flooring , originally would have been a cork like material anti slip , love the replacement of the screws too in those kickplates with pins , would you be willing to share with us both the type of paint or wash that you used for the floor and size of those pins please , many thanks for sharing your photo with us 👍👍