Fanhome on a roll! E.T!!!!

On 10/21/2023 at 1:40 AM, Phil said:

Hi guys.

Well Chris, they don't seem to want to change at all, it must be their business model and the way they work, I personally believe it only will be a matter of time before they do change, because with the amount of models they releasing, you think they would want to clear their warehouse as soon as.

But anyhow thanks for trying again Chris. 

notsram, we will have to wait to finish our R2-D2 now, you made me laugh when you mentioned R2 on patrol and scaring life out of your cat, coz it reminds me of my brother's dog, she's a Lakeland Terrier, and she is mortal enemy with my Leopard Tank, she growls and barks at it, when I set it into motion and every time they visit, she goes into stalking mode on the Leopard, so I can't wait till she sees R2 in action 😂, and thanks to you too for the advice on my badge, I will send our friends a nudge on updating my page, and just one more thing guys, oh that's sounds like Columbo lol. Model Space probably the worst customer service in the world! I'm glad they gone, Model Space done me on my T72 Russian tank, I got right up to issue 10 pack of 12, and they broke off all communication with me, so I have an unfinished T72, which to me was a complete waste of time and money.

You guys have a great weekend and happy Modelling, I will be asking you Chris about some of your methods of weathering R2 soon, if you don't mind that is.

Cheers guys 🍻

Phil

I'd have to agree about Modelspace customer service. They were utterly awful. I ordered the RB7 full kit from them ages ago, and it took about six months from them taking payment to delivery. I sent quite a few emails chasing it and they didn't even bother to reply to most of them.  It eventually landed in a very flimsy, battered cardboard box. No packaging, just a load of individual bags containing the parts. Several were missing, although to be fair, they did courier them to me when I phoned up and complained 😛

I tried ordering their Jaguar full kit too. After a month, I chased it up, only to be told it was 'out of stock'. After endless promises that it'd be back in stock, 'soon, end of next week, end of next month', etc. etc. I gave up and cancelled it.

As for the T72, it was an awful model. No end of issues. Pretty much nothing worked. Again, lots of emails, most of which were ignored. I eventually got replacements for the faulty parts, then replacements for those, then replacements for those and so on. At the end of the day, I had to take the thing apart so many times trying to get it to work that if it ever had worked properly, it would have probably fallen apart if it moved. I finally gave up on it. It sat in my loft for a few years and then I chucked it out when I had a clearout last year.

And I won't mention the amount of times they sent (and charged me for) binders for the X-wing model that I'd never requested...

Rant over! 😛

• Like 1

Sounds like you had more than enough of Model Space, and I don't blame you for the rant, I suppose I'm holding onto the T72 in hopes of really nothing, so may just do the same and join the graveyard of T72s lol.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Christopher Christou said:

Hey guys

Definitely agree Phil,that's a logical step forward for them and so true about clearing their warehouse.  What your saying makes complete sense for them and the customer.🤞

Sorry to hear about the model space experience ☹️,sounds truly awful leaving you in the lurch so close to finishing the tank.  Waste of time and money and no communication.

You think they would have sent the last 2 packs to you as a way of saying thanks for the support before they collapsed....

The Leopard tank story made me chuckle haha😆 I have 2 staffy dogs too and interested to see how they react to the leopard and r2d2 when they are complete.  I'm thinking they will have the same reaction as your brothers Lakeland terrier lol.

No problem with some guidance on the weathering process for r2. I will post another thread on this section of non agora models on what I did. 

Have a great weekend guys.

Cheers👍

Hi Chris.

Yeah it was disappointing not being able to finish T72, it was really strange too, because in the early months, they were just telling me there was a problem on their side with card collection point in Germany, but as time went on they were becoming less and less responsive, until the end when no contact at all, I know how those modellers at Eaglemoss felt too.

I already started experimenting aging on my R2 unit giving it a black wash and some rust, quite pleased with already how the newness has come off.

Your two Staff's will have a lovely time with R2 I'm sure, hopefully not a mangled mess in the morning Chris lol.

Cheers

Phil.

Hey Phil 

I feel your dissapointment with the T72,it's just a shame there is no contact with them and you spend money (which they take without fail every month) and no product being delivered.

Makes me slightly wary on whether fanhome will deliver on all these new models they released..🤔

I never really experienced any issues with hatchette with the warhammer mortal realms subscription.they always delivered on time and everything went smooth from start to finish.  I'm assuming the batmobile has been plain sailing so far?

Hahaha yea maybe I will take it very slow with r2d2 with them around😄 might end up with a broken r2 after all this hard work putting him together!

Ah awesome, when your happy with what you have weathered so far send some pics😃

Cheers Phil

Chris 

Just for the record guys here's a latest picture of my Titanic standing as she is of today. 

And today unfortunately I had to give up on the Tumbler, as every six weeks goes by, yes six weeks you have to wait! my patience has grown rather thin, with what you are getting, I know the cockpit has to be built but seriously way too much plastic for my liking and for how much it costs.

It was a difficult decision and I did not make it lightly 😔

But there was of course one over riding factor above all on my decision and that was purely financial constraints placed on me by my job, so I will continue with Titanic and Optimus Prime, both versions I hasten to add, and hope that this six week delivery window is short lived on models.

I know they do it to cut costs, but my time on earth is precious and I need to see a model coming together quicker.

So enjoy the Titanic pic. 

IMG20231027215447.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Just for the record guys here's a latest picture of my Titanic standing as she is of today. 

And today unfortunately I had to give up on the Tumbler, as every six weeks goes by, yes six weeks you have to wait! my patience has grown rather thin, with what you are getting, I know the cockpit has to be built but seriously way too much plastic for my liking and for how much it costs.

But there was of course one over riding factor above all on my decision and that was purely financial constraints placed on me by my job, so I will continue with Titanic and Optimus Prime, both versions I hasten to add, and hope that this six week delivery window is short lived on models.

I know they do it to cut costs, but my time on earth is precious and I need to see a model coming together quicker.

IMG20231027215447.jpg

The titanic is coming together very well,nice work.👍looks nice with the bismark behind too!

Can't be much left to go with your titanic now?how many more issues?

Sorry to hear about the job and financial constraints 😕 but its better being more comfortable with the 2 optimus and titanic builds than stretching the extra funds towards the tumbler also.

I recall you saying you were getting fed up with the tumbler with the 6 week waiting for delivery and also that it's not that exciting,loads of plastic ect.

You still have 3 builds coming along very nicely so enjoy it!🤓  

• Thanks 1

Thanks Chris for the kind words. On my Titanic there is still 52 issues to go! So just over a year.

2 hours ago, Christopher Christou said:

The titanic is coming together very well,nice work.👍looks nice with the bismark behind too!

Can't be much left to go with your titanic now?how many more issues?

Sorry to hear about the job and financial constraints 😕 but its better being more comfortable with the 2 optimus and titanic builds than stretching the extra funds towards the tumbler also.

I recall you saying you were getting fed up with the tumbler with the 6 week waiting for delivery and also that it's not that exciting,loads of plastic ect.

You still have 3 builds coming along very nicely so enjoy it!🤓  

Just for the record guys here's a latest pi.ure of my Titanic standing as she is of today. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've just seen the E.T. model on Fanhome and I have to say, it does look very very good. I'm tempted!

Despite having had a few bad experiences (see above) with Modelspace/Deagostini, I couldn't resist signing up for the Batmobile. It's long been at the top of my wishlist (along with the Bond DB5!). If the Batmobile goes well (they've just taken the first payment), I might cave and build E.T. too 🙂

*edit* reading back through the thread, I'd apparently already seen the E.T. Model. I guess my memory's going 😛 Don't remember that at all!

• Like 1

Hey notsram, 

Yeah they just took my payment too for Batmobile 66, been waiting a long time for this one.

Yeah I  have had as discussed bad issues too with Model Space, very bad experience actually, but like you couldn't resist Batmobile, and have a go at ET too, I'm sure it's worth every penny.

Good to see you post after a while.

Cheers 

Phil.

• Like 1

Oh, one thing I'm not keen on with the Batmobile is the way they've built automatic binder purchases into the build.

But I checked before subbing - you can email and cancel the binders if you don't want them (which I don't). So once my first set of parts arrive, I'll be cancelling the binders!

If anyone else doesn't want the binders, just drop Fanhome an email and let them know.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the info notsram about the binders, like the ones I got for Titanic, I can fit double the amount nigh on magazines into those binders.

But sure am looking forward to starting the 66 B. 👍🤞

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a very disconcerting letter from Fanhomes, that already before I even started the Batmobile66 , that delays are likely now in the model as some of their containers are caught up in the Red Sea troubles.

Maybe we should had expected that anyway 😕

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Just received a very disconcerting letter from Fanhomes, that already before I even started the Batmobile66 , that delays are likely now in the model as some of their containers are caught up in the Red Sea troubles.

Damn that's a shame...I haven't recieved any email about this regarding the ET model and I've recieved 2 deliveries now..

I've had dispatch notice that my 95-98 r2 is on its way so I'm hoping next month there will be no delay on the last 2 but if I hear anything I will message the thread.

Hopefully batmobile won't be riddled with delivery issues and things will go smoothly for you and everyone subscribed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Yeah, I received that email too. Hardly a good start to my Fanhome experience, but it's not exactly their fault.

*edit* and at least they've bothered to let us know. Modelspace were utterly woefull at passing on information about delays.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Christopher Christou said:

Damn that's a shame...I haven't recieved any email about this regarding the ET model and I've recieved 2 deliveries now..

I've had dispatch notice that my 95-98 r2 is on its way so I'm hoping next month there will be no delay on the last 2 but if I hear anything I will message the thread.

Hopefully batmobile won't be riddled with delivery issues and things will go smoothly for you and everyone subscribed.

Yes hopefully you'll have no problem, but this is what we predicted for Fanhome just a few months ago, with such a huge choice of models now, there is bound to be issues arising, and I know this actual issue is not Fanhome fault, but have they taken on too far much from the Defunct Eaglemoss, only time will tell, but they must have warehouse full of different models now.

As for R2-D2 Chris, nothing at all, I'm still badgering them every two weeks and they keep on telling me the same thing...'Thank you for you patience', not exactly the answer I was hoping for. And I only want 99-100. 😕

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, notsram said:

Yeah, I received that email too. Hardly a good start to my Fanhome experience, but it's not exactly their fault.

*edit* and at least they've bothered to let us know. Modelspace were utterly woefull at passing on information about delays.

Not the best of starts to any model run really notsram, even though as discussed before, this is not of the fault of Fanhomes.

But with such a huge catalogue of models now, and pressures rising worldwide on shipping, it makes you wonder how they'll cope.

I'm sure everything will fall in place and come together okay.

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes hopefully you'll have no problem, but this is what we predicted for Fanhome just a few months ago, with such a huge choice of models now, there is bound to be issues arising, and I know this actual issue is not Fanhome fault, but have they taken on too far much from the Defunct Eaglemoss, only time will tell, but they must have warehouse full of different models now.

As for R2-D2 Chris, nothing at all, I'm still badgering them every two weeks and they keep on telling me the same thing...'Thank you for you patience', not exactly the answer I was hoping for. And I only want 99-100. 😕

It's been a long time (I subbed to the original Deagistini R2 run) since I built this, but I do seem to remember some of the last shipments being delayayed by several weeks. Really felt like they were making it up as they went along 😛 It's a great model though, IMO, and well worth the inconvenience of a few delays.

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Not the best of starts to any model run really notsram, even though as discussed before, this is not of the fault of Fanhomes.

But with such a huge catalogue of models now, and pressures rising worldwide on shipping, it makes you wonder how they'll cope.

I'm sure everything will fall in place and come together okay.

I doubt they'd have taken on so many models if they felt they couldn't cope 🙂

And I'm sure they're doing everything they can to sort out the shipping issues. The last thing they're going to want is people cancelling at this stage, given that the first Batmobile pack is practically free, so they're making a loss on it at this point.

1 hour ago, notsram said:

It's been a long time (I subbed to the original Deagistini R2 run) since I built this, but I do seem to remember some of the last shipments being delayayed by several weeks. Really felt like they were making it up as they went along 😛 It's a great model though, IMO, and well worth the inconvenience of a few delays.

Well firstly they told me as stated in an earlier post,that it was issue 99, was sold out and gone, but they did order new ones, when I don't know!

But I'm sure they are working on it!

But you and me have been done by Model Space before, and MS and Deagostini and Fanhome are basically same company. And quite a lot of people in the modelling community are aware, so I just wonder if Fanhome have taken on too much.

And as for the collapse of Eaglemoss, that was due to having too many models running all at once, so it's not impossible for it to happen again. I sure hope not in saying that 😜.

Just get a little edgy with what's happened before.

On bright side, I will keep badgering them till I get them, but I don't want them now saying they linking it to  the Red Sea troubles.

I quite confident though we will get R2 finished. And I'll drink to that!🍻

3 hours ago, notsram said:

I doubt they'd have taken on so many models if they felt they couldn't cope 🙂

And I'm sure they're doing everything they can to sort out the shipping issues. The last thing they're going to want is people cancelling at this stage, given that the first Batmobile pack is practically free, so they're making a loss on it at this point.

Spookily enough, perhaps 5 minutes after I'd posted this, I got a notification on my phone saying Royal Mail had made a delivery at my house. Went home for lunch and sitting in my shed was the first Batmobile pack! So, look as though the delays mentioned aren't (currently) anything like as bad as feared.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, notsram said:

Spookily enough, perhaps 5 minutes after I'd posted this, I got a notification on my phone saying Royal Mail had made a delivery at my house. Went home for lunch and sitting in my shed was the first Batmobile pack! So, look as though the delays mentioned aren't (currently) anything like as bad as feared.

That's cool notsram! Nice one 😀

🤞👍

• 1 month later...

Well got the email saying r2 is back in stock so should recieve final 2 issues very soon🙂

Et also back In and back to normal delivery times.

Been a long wait for many people but will be nice to finally finish r2.

Can't wait guys!!

• Like 1

Yes Chris, it will be good to get it done at last 🤞

They took the wonga quick too 🤣 

Here's waiting for the final parts.

Cheers Chris 🍻

• Like 1