Fanhome on a roll! E.T!!!!

Anyone noticed that fanhome are pumping out new models quite a bit this year!

Saw robocop (excited as wanted this for ages) but now they have announced E.T which looks awesome.

I think I'm going for ET myself as it looks super detailed and fun to build.

Anyone looking to get any of fanhome models this year?

Yes I noticed that too Chris, I just hope this is not a case of overkill, because we are all limited on how much we can spend each month.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes I noticed that too Chris, I just hope this is not a case of overkill, because we are all limited on how much we can spend each month.

Totally agree Phil,I can't afford 2 subscriptions with them so I narrowed it down to E.T (even though robocop is so awesome) but it's pretty expensive even for e.t.i worked out if you get the premium subscription (led stand and extra gifts through the entire collection)its like £75-£80 a month 🫣

Thats more than agora and a lot of money over 18 months or so....

Still I've nearly finished my r2-d2 (3 months left) and 8 packs into my agora leopard so will invest in E.T when those subscriptions finish otherwise its out of budget.

What you building at the moment?

I will be a agora master member after leopard so another free pack to start something new but not sure what I will pick..

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phil said:

Ah I just saw your profile.i see you have the titanic,finished bismark (nice!) Batmobile tumbler and doing optimus too!

What's the tumbler like?that's a hatchette build right?

I really like the titanic but can't get it here in the UK agora...

I was tempted on alien but after seeing world of Wayne and others building it I'm not sure on the look of it.  It looks quite plasticky and also needs a shed ton of special glue to keep it all together.apparently the magnets and rubber skin don't hold very well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christopher Christou said:

Ah I just saw your profile.i see you have the titanic,finished bismark (nice!) Batmobile tumbler and doing optimus too!

What's the tumbler like?that's a hatchette build right?

I really like the titanic but can't get it here in the UK agora...

I was tempted on alien but after seeing world of Wayne and others building it I'm not sure on the look of it.  It looks quite plasticky and also needs a shed ton of special glue to keep it all together.apparently the magnets and rubber skin don't hold very well...

Hi Chris, well on top of models I mentioned, I have completed The Leopard A6, FDNY Firetruck, Mitsubishi Zero and like you I have about 3 months to go on R2-D2.

Yes I was tempted to buy Alien, but also saw problems with it. Maybe I will do it one day, but not over important at moment, E T I will on too because I would like to see if that has any problems too, that will be like a rubbery skin too right.

Hachette Tumbler at moment is a bit of a boring build at moment, and that's £75 every six weeks, and tbh I think over priced, but standard at today's rate, I may knock that on the head, because in January hopefully the Avro Dambusters Lancaster will be released and really want to do that, but can't afford to do Lancaster and Tumbler together.

I'm up to issue six of Optimus Prime, I'm building it over a year, now this model is very different, I find it very good value as there is a lot of metal involved and every pack is like a separate build, plus I'm building Fanhomes Movie version Optimus Prime, different to Agora's but interesting build. Hopefully Agora release Megatron from the Decepticons.

Hence you'll realize I'm a huge fan of Transformers 😆.

Titanic is coming along nicely, about another year to go and it will be finished. 

If C3PO came out I would build that to go with R2-D2 and would also like to build the Millennium Falcon, but all of that will be out of my budget, so choices will be difficult. 

Thanks Chris.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Hi Chris, well on top of models I mentioned, I have completed The Leopard A6, FDNY Firetruck, Mitsubishi Zero and like you I have about 3 months to go on R2-D2.

Yes I was tempted to buy Alien, but also saw problems with it. Maybe I will do it one day, but not over important at moment, E T I will on too because I would like to see if that has any problems too, that will be like a rubbery skin too right.

Hachette Tumbler at moment is a bit of a boring build at moment, and that's £75 every six weeks, and tbh I think over priced, but standard at today's rate, I may knock that on the head, because in January hopefully the Avro Dambusters Lancaster will be released and really want to do that, but can't afford to do Lancaster and Tumbler together.

I'm up to issue six of Optimus Prime, I'm building it over a year, now this model is very different, I find it very good value as there is a lot of metal involved and every pack is like a separate build, plus I'm building Fanhomes Movie version Optimus Prime, different to Agora's but interesting build. Hopefully Agora release Megatron from the Decepticons.

Hence you'll realize I'm a huge fan of Transformers 😆.

Titanic is coming along nicely, about another year to go and it will be finished. 

If C3PO came out I would build that to go with R2-D2 and would also like to build the Millennium Falcon, but all of that will be out of my budget, so choices will be difficult. 

Thanks Chris.

Wow that's an impressive collection of models you have built!  I really like the FDNY firetruck too,was thinking I might start that build after the leopard.  I love how far the ladders extend out and something a bit different from classic/super cars.

Yeah I think the E.T has rubbery skin but being half the size of alien I believe it won't be as problematic with the magnets and glue.  Time will tell but i will keep you updated on the quality once it arrives...

Ah awesome,what company is doing the build up avro lancaster?

I was interested in the differences between the agora optimus and the fanhome one?the agora one does look really well built with quality parts but the fanhome one looks more my cup of tea,super stylish! But is the quality as good as agora?what about size?

Yeah C3P0 would be a dream next to R2D2...

Thanks for your insight and info on the models your doing Phil,it helps me with what I could build next hearing your experiences with them.

Chris 👍

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, notsram said:

I'd not seen the ET model. Have to say it does look good.

I'd be all over C3P0 like a shot if that came out. Would look awesome next to R2-D2!

I agree C3P0 next to r2d2 would look so good!  Who knows what agora have up their sleeve for next year?  Maybe another company might design a build up C3P0..🤔

To be fair I think agora focus is the 007 cars at the moment so not sure we will see any movie character builds anytime soon..

Thanks Chris.

You made a fair statement about ET, because of the size difference the skin might not have the same problems. I really hope that is the case.

Yes Fanhomes Optimus, the movie version is a little smaller, but still has large enough parts, but I think the build goes on for longer. It is more  say flashy than the the Gen 1, but the Gen 1 from Agora is pure metal heaven IMHO and I'm seeing it in every part of the build so far, as you'll see as I have posted latest pics. I was a young adult when watching the Gen 1 Transformers and loved it from the start and I love the movies too, but I obviously do have more fascination with the Gen 1.

Hachette I believe will be first to release Avro Lancaster, and maybe Agora will release it too, though I do know they are busy with the classic James Bond cars at this time.

And I always have time to chat Chris or anyone else here who wishes to, and I like the community I'm in at Agora. It's good to talk.

Cheers Chris.🍻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Thanks Chris.

You made a fair statement about ET, because of the size difference the skin might not have the same problems. I really hope that is the case.

Yes Fanhomes Optimus, the movie version is a little smaller, but still has large enough parts, but I think the build goes on for longer. It is more  say flashy than the the Gen 1, but the Gen 1 from Agora is pure metal heaven IMHO and I'm seeing it in every part of the build so far, as you'll see as I have posted latest pics. I was a young adult when watching the Gen 1 Transformers and loved it from the start and I love the movies too, but I obviously do have more fascination with the Gen 1.

Hachette I believe will be first to release Avro Lancaster, and maybe Agora will release it too, though I do know they are busy with the classic James Bond cars at this time.

And I always have time to chat Chris or anyone else here who wishes to, and I like the community I'm in at Agora. It's good to talk.

Cheers Chris.🍻

Interesting about optimus,  the agora gen 1 does look really solid and its nice to hear its full of actual metal parts instead of a lot of plastic.ill take a look at your latest pics and progress.

Hatchette doing the lancaster,thanks for the info 

Likewise,always good to chat on the forum and hear what everyone is building,interested in ect.

Cheers Phil 👍

• Like 1

Chris, I would just like to ask did you having any problems doing R2-D2?

I found those sticky strips not much use on those pesky panels in his dome, I think I should had cleaned the aluminum inside the dome first, but got past that point eventually and so far so good, everything tests out nice,

With just 3 months to go I'm itching to see how he works lol.

Cheers Chris.🍻

I did the original R2 build, so not sure if any of the components have been changed, but I didn't find the sticky strips much use either. I just used cellotape!

I absolutely loved the build It was a bit fiddly in places, but a lot of fun. It was my first partwork since the Ultimate Real Robots thing back in the 90s (Yeah, I'm old) which I gave up on half way through.

My R2 works perfectly, although it won't run on carpet, only smooth floor. And I've since lost the charging cable so need to source another. Fortunately, the batteries last ages!

• Like 1

Hi notsram. 

Thank you for the information about R2-D2, I'm sure happy I wasn't the only one having trouble with the sticky tape.

It's a lovely bit of kit though is R2.

I been building models for the best part of over 50 years, yes omg I'm ancient 😂😂

I did have a stage of not doing models, like we all do I suppose, because of other things in life, but when COVID 19 struck, I eased myself back in, especially with partwork models, and when we complete them there is still that fascinating fact of feeling you have accomplished something worth it's while.

Nice speaking to you notsram, carry on modelling!

Cheers, Phil.

On 10/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, Phil said:

Chris, I would just like to ask did you having any problems doing R2-D2?

I found those sticky strips not much use on those pesky panels in his dome, I think I should had cleaned the aluminum inside the dome first, but got past that point eventually and so far so good, everything tests out nice,

With just 3 months to go I'm itching to see how he works lol.

Cheers Chris.🍻

Hi Phil

Yea I have run Into a quite a few problems with R2D2,firstly the magazines aren't very good with instructions (wrong screw sizes ect)so I use myr2d2build website and can't fault him.  Everything runs smoothly and I dont even read the magazine anymore.

Secondly the same as you the panel strips were really poor but I sourced some proper screws instead of plastic ones provided to hold them in place and he's solid now.

The panel for the lightsaber was really bad too,I had to file it down and also put a couple of washers to keep it from catching on the dome.  It seems fine now but slightly annoying it's not perfectly flush with the dome...

Electrical wise everything seems great at the mo I'm waiting on issues 83-86 now so looking forward to finishing him up and testing him out😃

Will send some pics so you can see what I have done so far.👇

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, notsram said:

I did the original R2 build, so not sure if any of the components have been changed, but I didn't find the sticky strips much use either. I just used cellotape!

I absolutely loved the build It was a bit fiddly in places, but a lot of fun. It was my first partwork since the Ultimate Real Robots thing back in the 90s (Yeah, I'm old) which I gave up on half way through.

My R2 works perfectly, although it won't run on carpet, only smooth floor. And I've since lost the charging cable so need to source another. Fortunately, the batteries last ages!

Hi notsram

Glad it works perfectly,eases my nerves for when mine is fully built!glad the batteries last.shame it doesn't run on carpet but smooth floor suits me.

i have the app on my phone ready to roll! 

I wish fanhome would let us buy in bulk instead of having to wait every month. So close....😅

• Like 1

Hi Chris.

Nice pictures buddy, well done on the weathering, it shows up quite nice.

Basically the problems you have encountered in your build is the same as mine, yeah the magazine is terrible for the screw sizes etc, I usually watch World of Wayne a couple of times and hope for the best, my panel where the light saber comes from I had to put another two washers on the pins to raise it above the dome a little, and I also used the metal M3 bolts instead of those plastic things thanks to Wayne. And I asked Fanhomes ages could I buy the remaining issues and they told me they don't cater for this at moment, but they may decide to do something like Agora in future and enable us to get builds together quickly. 

I'm the same I can't wait to get R2-D2 on the move 😆.

Cheers Chris, it's nice to know we not the only guys going through the little problems that arise.🍻

• Like 1

Hi Phil

Thanks for the that😊

Yeah world of wayne is always worth a watch, I do enjoy his content and he does all the builds from every company!hatchette,agora,fanhome he's doing it lol😅

Same here, I contacted fanhome at some point to say could I buy more and same response in that they may offer it in the future...

I might try again and explain I want to buy the last few issues to finish the subscription.  As its so close and if no joy then any update on when they will offer this service.  Since they keep saying they will but are not letting us know when..

I'll update here if I hear anything back..

Cheers 👍

• Like 1

Hi Chris 

Yeah there's no doubt Wayne Green is a unique kinda guy, what's his phrase? Oh yeah "I make mistakes so that you don't have to"  😂😂

I remember watching Wayne when COVID 19 started and we all faced lockdown, that when it really started kicking off for me again in partworks builds, I should be a Agora Elite member as I have completed the Leopard, the Firetruck, and the Zero, I think General Lou has forgotten about me 🤣 lmao.

I like to keep in touch with Agora every month if I can through their excellent customer services and they are friendly guys and always helpful and polite.

Goes a long way with me does customer service.

Anyway I'm rabbiting away, but yes do keep me updated if you hear anything from Fanhomes, so close to finishing R2-D2 yet so far.

Cheers Chris. 🍻

• Like 1

Haha, I watch World of Wayne too 😛

Phil, if you drop Agora a line about upgrading your badge, that'll probably do the trick. I had to nudge them to get my Pro badge (and now I think about it, is the Elite tag two complete builds? If so, I should have that as I've finished both the Shelby Snake and Jaguar).

Totally agree about customer service. That's part of the reason I went off Deagostini/Modelspace/Fanhome. Admittedly, it's several years since I've needed to contact them, but theirs was awful. Agora may not be perfect, but they do at least reply to emails - usually very quickly 🙂

I hope you guys get your R2s finished soon. It does have a few flaws, but It really is a cool model, especially when it's trundling around your floor in patrol mode beeping at things. Scared the hell out of my cat the first time I fired it up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys,  heard back from fanhome and unfortunately no joy.  

Here is the response from my email regarding buying in bulk.👇

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Fanhome.

I hope this email finds you well.

We appreciate your interest in our collection and our future ones.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to receive many packages at once, as exciting as it might be, and we also cannot offer that service since each package is managed at the warehouse and shipped at an exact time.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Fanhome Team

Klejvi
Customer Service Representative

It is weird and a shame really,surely it's not that much of a issue to send out more? I even said I would pay more shipping if required but not a possibility...

This is what sets agora apart from other companies,  if I want a 2 year sub I can,1 year sub,buy packs up front and also buy more when I like and they are more than helpful with fulfilling my wish.

Hopefully other model companies will follow suite to their paying customers. If not, Agora to the rescue 😊

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Well Chris, they don't seem to want to change at all, it must be their business model and the way they work, I personally believe it only will be a matter of time before they do change, because with the amount of models they releasing, you think they would want to clear their warehouse as soon as.

But anyhow thanks for trying again Chris. 

notsram, we will have to wait to finish our R2-D2 now, you made me laugh when you mentioned R2 on patrol and scaring life out of your cat, coz it reminds me of my brother's dog, she's a Lakeland Terrier, and she is mortal enemy with my Leopard Tank, she growls and barks at it, when I set it into motion and every time they visit, she goes into stalking mode on the Leopard, so I can't wait till she sees R2 in action 😂, and thanks to you too for the advice on my badge, I will send our friends a nudge on updating my page, and just one more thing guys, oh that's sounds like Columbo lol. Model Space probably the worst customer service in the world! I'm glad they gone, Model Space done me on my T72 Russian tank, I got right up to issue 10 pack of 12, and they broke off all communication with me, so I have an unfinished T72, which to me was a complete waste of time and money.

You guys have a great weekend and happy Modelling, I will be asking you Chris about some of your methods of weathering R2 soon, if you don't mind that is.

Cheers guys 🍻

Phil

• Like 1

Hey guys

Definitely agree Phil,that's a logical step forward for them and so true about clearing their warehouse.  What your saying makes complete sense for them and the customer.🤞

Sorry to hear about the model space experience ☹️,sounds truly awful leaving you in the lurch so close to finishing the tank.  Waste of time and money and no communication.

You think they would have sent the last 2 packs to you as a way of saying thanks for the support before they collapsed....

The Leopard tank story made me chuckle haha😆 I have 2 staffy dogs too and interested to see how they react to the leopard and r2d2 when they are complete.  I'm thinking they will have the same reaction as your brothers Lakeland terrier lol.

No problem with some guidance on the weathering process for r2. I will post another thread on this section of non agora models on what I did. 

Have a great weekend guys.

Cheers👍

• Like 1