Wobbly front wheels assembly

laverdj

Am having trouble with the front wheels of the Miura.

I cannot get a good fit even if the notches correspond to the rim perfectly, once the screw is tight , there is still a lot play.

It almost feel like the I screws' are too long and cannot attach the rim properly.

Any body else have that problem? And what was your solution? Not sure where I could find smaller screws of the same diameter except shorter. Appreciate any feed back

• Administrator

Have you lubricated the screw threads?  Put a drop of oil, or smear of vaseline or soap on the screw hole.  This will lubricate the threads and help the screw drive home properly.

Thanks Mark for the suggestion, but I always use oil whenever I screw into metal.

Could it be that the part of the axle is defective, i.e. the holes were not drilled deep enough? I am saying that because I received another part where there were supposed to be holes in metal and there were no holes at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Wayne (The World of Wayne) I was able to significantly improve the fit of the front tires. His suggestion was to add a washer to the assembly. I tried a small metal washer but that did not work. Then in my bin of spare parts from other builds, I found a washer made of soft plastic/rubber and that did the trick. 

Can't disagree with you - no end of problems with this model - orange peel paint, bad fit of main body panels, etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, laverdj said:

Thanks to Wayne (The World of Wayne) I was able to significantly improve the fit of the front tires. His suggestion was to add a washer to the assembly. I tried a small metal washer but that did not work. Then in my bin of spare parts from other builds, I found a washer made of soft plastic/rubber and that did the trick. 

Can't disagree with you - no end of problems with this model - orange peel paint, bad fit of main body panels, etc

It's so disappointing that Agora won't acknowledge this and continue to sell it as "museum quality".

19 hours ago, laverdj said:

That is a shame you have had problems with the build, same as a few others on here as well.glad you got it sorted👍

Although I'm not building the Lambo I've found with Agora models that you have to Improvise and add a washer/different screw/maybe glue/file certain bits to fit properly.

I have had to do this on terminator and leopard tank...there is always something that doesn't fit perfectly.  Being a perfectionist I want the model to be the best it can be so can be frustrating when things don't go as planned...

Thanks Christopher. Having built many Pocher kits over the years I am used to "tinkering". I always have a metal file, pick, etc. to make sure things fit properly by filing down certain parts and opening holes. 

I have built many Agora models (Jaguar, Cobra, Mustang) and they were all flawless. But this one is not. 

Now that fit of the front wheels has been improved, in addition to all the other issues mentioned previously, the back end of the model doesn't sit well on the body on one side. I will undo it and see if the fit can be improved.

image.thumb.png.76d43a962304e8ce54c20014d3300bb4.png

36 minutes ago, laverdj said:

Thanks Christopher. Having built many Pocher kits over the years I am used to "tinkering". I always have a metal file, pick, etc. to make sure things fit properly by filing down certain parts and opening holes. 

I have built many Agora models (Jaguar, Cobra, Mustang) and they were all flawless. But this one is not. 

Now that fit of the front wheels has been improved, in addition to all the other issues mentioned previously, the back end of the model doesn't sit well on the body on one side. I will undo it and see if the fit can be improved.

image.thumb.png.76d43a962304e8ce54c20014d3300bb4.png

Fair play to you,being an experienced builder you sure know what your doing with the models👍its good to hear the cobra was flawless!I'm thinking that might be my next build (maybe the routemaster,I like that too)

Now I have seen your pic I do see your frustration. How does this happen!?they test and build all these models before releasing them to us customers then your halfway through a build and the part is not sitting correctly.

I hope you manage to get the panel lined up correctly,that would bug me too. I'm hoping when you take it apart you find out what causing it to be out of line.  It's just annoying you have to do this in the first place..

Hi orange peel refers to the look of the paint where there are small bubbles on the surface. I'll try to include a picture. Fortunately customer service replaced these parts. By the way if you are thinking of doing the Routemaster it is a lot of fun to build but a beast in terms of size and weight when done

image.thumb.png.ea429b44e171c27ba5795ee9f822e88b.png

• Thanks 1

Ahh I see now,thankyou for explaining this👍

Now I know what to look for if anyone says they have orange peel. 

Yeah I'm torn between the 2.shelby cobra is so nice and it's my dream to own one 1 day.but I love the routemaster and all its features like interior lighting and the sheer size of it is (chefs kiss)👌

What to do...🤔

Thanks again laverdj