Price of Bismarck

Len Hamelin

7 hours ago, Len Hamelin said:

Why is the Agora model $1600.00+ and the Hachette model £5.99 an issue. Some of the issues come with one peice of the hull costing 129.99 U.S. Is there a reason for the high mark up. Or am I reading the price wrong?

because the  bismark from agora will have  at least 12   stages  per shipment  that wouldve been single stages from  hachette  also if your  comparing the  UK price to american itll be higher cause of the  money exchange 

Just working on the price for the Bismark build the Agora option works out overall costing less than from Hachette. in Australia the cost of the Bismark issues from Hachette is $20 when you work out the total cost over all 140 issues comes close to $2800. Where as from Agora it is about $2290 for the complete build and works out at around $17 per issue.

So I would say that the Agora works out to be the better option for those who are looking to build the Bismark overall.
That is of course not counting the display case that Agora is offering for the Bismark.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Len Hamelin said:

Why is the Agora model $1600.00+ and the Hachette model £5.99 an issue. Some of the issues come with one peice of the hull costing 129.99 U.S. Is there a reason for the high mark up. Or am I reading the price wrong?

For the UK (From Hachette)

And for Germany

BUT Just remember, Agora, does not include any "FREE" gifts, OR the Building instruction Magazines (Agora will only have a digital version of the instructions)

Taking all things into consideration, Agora, is the cheapest option in ALL countries.....ONLY IF you don't want any of the Mag's and gifts.

23 hours ago, tinkertoo said:

For the UK (From Hachette)

And for Germany

BUT Just remember, Agora, does not include any "FREE" gifts, OR the Building instruction Magazines (Agora will only have a digital version of the instructions)

Taking all things into consideration, Agora, is the cheapest option in ALL countries.....ONLY IF you don't want any of the Mag's and gifts.

Hey im new to these type of builds and i ordered the Bis on the weekend but im kind of lost how did you find each issue coast for 5.99 pounds?  I'm in Canada and for me they are $129.99 Each month even with the conversion from pounds to Canadian that would be like 10$ Can so why are my payments to high? 

1 hour ago, Thoax said:

Hey im new to these type of builds and i ordered the Bis on the weekend but im kind of lost how did you find each issue coast for 5.99 pounds?  I'm in Canada and for me they are $129.99 Each month even with the conversion from pounds to Canadian that would be like 10$ Can so why are my payments to high? 

We get a lot more per pack (10+ steps per pack, 12 packs in total) than Hachette (They pay for 1 step/pack each week, so they pay £8.99 x 138 packs (plus 2 other packs at a different price)....)

I'm in Canada as well 🙂

BTW £9 GBP = $15.50 CDN

23 minutes ago, tinkertoo said:

We get a lot more per pack (10+ steps per pack, 12 packs in total) than Hachette (They pay for 1 step/pack each week, so they pay £8.99 x 138 packs (plus 2 other packs at a different price)....)

I'm in Canada as well 🙂

BTW £9 GBP = $15.50 CDN

Ah ok i didnt know they do once per week. Thanks for clearing it up.

Nice a fellow Canadian 😄