Build instructions

Nicky G

Fitting the Front Left Tyre Regular vs Stage 14B: Fitting the Front Left Tyre (Easy)

What's the difference!?!  I can see it uses different parts - but is Regular closer to the actual model and easy is not?

Also, overall the instructions just show pictures/arrows - doesnt mention using glue - etc...  Take the T-800 build DETAILED narrative was provided.

Thanks

Nick

I have not looked at the problem that you mention. I would look at the instructions for the W196 on IXO website to see if they offered an answer however.

• Thanks 1

Yes, the regular is more realistic as it uses individual spokes, unlike the easy version which is basically 2 discs with the necessary gaps, leaving a flat spoke finish.

I made mine with the spokes, it looks a lot better.  Also, I found that the spokes were easier to complete than the ones I did on the Jaguar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

The regular wheels are more difficult to build that the easy wheels, but they look much better.  You get parts for both, so you can try both and see which you prefer.  The regular wheels are still easier to build that the Jag wheels.

Taffy has summed it up nicely.

Regarding glues... there are only a few places where glue is needed, where the push fit doesn't hold tight.  I only used superglue when I assembled the model for Agora.

• Like 1

Hi Mark  ,think i have found you tried sending email and you where right. I must thank you for your help.  This Agora forum looks very interesting.  I have just been given a Billing boats model the, Stetenyatch 1971 vintage.   Im struggling with my health at the moment  and very bored.

Thanks Kevin 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 3/18/2023 at 6:31 PM, pelicantravel said:

Hi Mark  ,think i have found you tried sending email and you where right. I must thank you for your help.  This Agora forum looks very interesting.  I have just been given a Billing boats model the, Stetenyatch 1971 vintage.   Im struggling with my health at the moment  and very bored.

Thanks Kevin 

Hi Kevin, The Statenyatch looks like a challenging kit!  Love to see how you get on with it.  Just what you need to keep you occupied!

• 1 month later...

I just began building regular wheels. There are 16/6 tires and 16/7 tires .  What  size tires belong on the Regular spoke wheels? Are they interchangeable with either wheel, easy or regular?

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe that the 16/6 are the front tires and the 16/7 are the rear tires.  There does not appear to be any difference between the tires for the regular wheels or the easy ones.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:33 PM, Taffy said:

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe that the 16/6 are the front tires and the 16/7 are the rear tires.  There does not appear to be any difference between the tires for the regular wheels or the easy ones.

Spot on - I will build the easy ones for display purposes (so they look like spares).

• 9 months later...

I am confused on my Agora Merc 196W I have 3 sets of wheels easy, regular (1) and regular (2) the instructions show you how to build all 3. I cannot work out the difference between regular (1) and (2) I have 4 of each. (2) has just short spokes and less chrome (1) has short and long spokes. Is it an option or front and back. Any ideas anyone?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.