My Build

Taffy

Completed the Jaguar E-Type

Only minor modifications such as painting the shock absorbers red and chrome (front and rear).  Painted the engine block gold and black (inspired by another builder).  Also painted the disc calipers gold.

Was not happy with the electrical distribution/fuse box lack of cables, so added some black and red cables (30cwg wire).

Again inspired by other builders, I flocked the cockpit floor, seat back and transmission tunnel.  also flocked the boot, including the carpet inlay.

Finally, I was not happy with the front light cable routing, therefore, I routed the cables via the bonnet hinge, then cable tied to the engine frame towards the rear.  Looks a lot neater then cables just dangling around the engine bay.

96352363_LightCables.thumb.jpg.51e1f6d818d9ebd18f494a3fbc2ad881.jpg

Bodyside.jpg

Boot.jpg

Discs.jpg

Distribution Box.jpg

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, keramh said:

I like what you did there and I see I'm not the only one with the problem... the statically charged flakes really stick everywhere. I still don't know how to solve this?

I flock without static electricity...
I paint the area to be flocked in the same color as the flock. 
Then I sprinkle the viscose flock material into the wet paint. Wait two minutes and tap off.. 
Seal with hairspray... Take a look at my German construction report from the Jaguar...
  • Like 1

Hello,

I work in the same way, i.e. without electrical aids. The self-charging of the flakes is that it sticks everywhere. I didn't know about the hairspray to seal it and would like to try it, maybe that's the end of the little threads hanging everywhere.

• Like 1

I didn't use any electrical aids.  I applied a thin layer of PVA glue to the item, then sprinkled the flock over the items until fully covered.  It just seems to linger onto other surfaces.

11 hours ago, keramh said:

Hello,

I work in the same way, i.e. without electrical aids. The self-charging of the flakes is that it sticks everywhere. I didn't know about the hairspray to seal it and would like to try it, maybe that's the end of the little threads hanging everywhere.

Yes, try it... I only do it like this and the flock is then also hard and protected..
  • Like 1