Corwyn's buil diary (Lamboo)

corwyn34

• 2 months later...

Thank you !

It's only my second Agora's partwork, so I don't have an opinion on the subject yet... What I can say for the time being is that the more detailled partworks I have done / I am doing are Eaglemoss Delorean and Hachette Gran Torino "Starsky and Hutch".

Agora's E-Type Jaguar is on third level.

Hello Robert,

You're right, the steering column is a very difficult piece to assemble. I made several blank assemblies until I can hear the "click" for each of the two switch buttons when I move the indicator lever. But even now, I am not clearly sure that it will work well... I only hope that we will receive the battery box very soon (not in Batch 08, unfortunately...) in order to make a try... 🤔

Oh boy. I had a hard time with the Super Snake and the horn button. It would be nice if everything electric came early enough to plug together and test. I was able to do that with a model I am presently building and can still test as assembly proceeds.

• 5 weeks later...

It looks amazing!!! If it was mine I'd try to ad the missing air tube between the Fiamm compressor and the air horns.

It's a simple red plastic tube coming out on top of the compressor, a bit further down the line there's a Y piece and from that Y part two red tubes to each air horn. And also on top of the compressor, there's a little red plastic flap to add oil into the compressor.

While writing this I realise It's easier said than done, as this mod has to be on par with the beautiful quality of this model.

21 hours ago, Flaminiasupersport said:

It looks amazing!!! If it was mine I'd try to ad the missing air tube between the Fiamm compressor and the air horns.

It's a simple red plastic tube coming out on top of the compressor, a bit further down the line there's a Y piece and from that Y part two red tubes to each air horn. And also on top of the compressor, there's a little red plastic flap to add oil into the compressor.

While writing this I realise It's easier said than done, as this mod has to be on par with the beautiful quality of this model.

You're right, it will be a bit difficult now... And I think Agoramodels planned to do this, as there is a small hole at the bottom of the horn actuator.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Corwyn34, I'm following your build as well as Marks and I was wondering how the electronic part works... Is there a way you can test each "electronic" step? It would be hell to find out in the end something is not working, as this means you have to leave it that way or dismantle the whole model again. I guess an electronic tester can be a solution, but I'll have to find out how to use it properly...

23 hours ago, Flaminiasupersport said:

Hi Corwyn34, I'm following your build as well as Marks and I was wondering how the electronic part works... Is there a way you can test each "electronic" step? It would be hell to find out in the end something is not working, as this means you have to leave it that way or dismantle the whole model again. I guess an electronic tester can be a solution, but I'll have to find out how to use it properly...

Hello,

Unfornately, I haven't knowledges enough in electronic to test each step; I would say it's the "final surprise" of the partwork. In some some partworks, electronic devices are provided soon enough to make tests possible (Eaglemoss DeLOrean, Hachette's Gran Torino, many others...), so there are far less bad surprises. Nevetheless, I must say, after about 15 partworks, that this sort of bad surprise is very very rare !

I am building an IXO Volvo and am pleased that the electronics are testable as the build continues. The battery box is an early step as well as a on/off master switch . I have left the two batteries in since the first test which is a building step early on. The Super Snake (Agora) I built has on set of taillights that don't work and never will because I am not taking the model apart to fix them. I will admit that electronics are not must haves on a typical car model build. Once my models are in a case I rarely take them out .  The die cast models are too heavy to be handled much and not end up broken IMO. Agora could put more planning into the electronics portions of their otherwise very fine models.

9 hours ago, Flaminiasupersport said:

The yellow fan blades, the black rocker covers... they're a nice touch!  It highlights the details and gives more realism!

Thank you very much, That's the aim, to highligths dtails as much as possible, even if not really realistic. It could be "tuning" 😁

Windscreen still not received, rear window is fixed with double sided adhesive tape (see stage 54 in pdf file attached).

Miura-PACK07.4.pdf