1937 Cord in I/8 Scale

Franknstang

I would love to build a 1/8 scale 1937 Cord. It was and is a real beauty and there are not many around these days. I love stylistic autos built during the 1930s. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

An Auburn Speedster would be impressive, as would a Packard Victoria.

The Bugatti Royale that Charles Chayne over restored and on display in a US car museum painted cream would be a brilliant model to make a kit of in its original form painted in black as supplied by the coachbuilder Weinberger of Munich. Master modeller the late Gerald A Wingrove made a number of scratch built models of the Weinberger car in 1/15th scale that features in his Complete Car Modeller 2 book.

There is a Romanian Company named Wespe who make a range of different 1/8th scale classic car kits that are mainly in resin. They look very basic though compared with die cast part series models. They have potential, but judging by pictures of the kits would need an incredible lot of extra work done on them, and probably more suited to highly experienced car modellers to realise that potential and get the best out of them.