Tank not working

Palian

8 hours ago, Athos_1969 said:

My patience, while great, is finite.  It has now come to an end.

With a non-functional tank, no notification of a repair pack even being sent, and overall poor communication, This kills any desire for me to build another partwork kit again, which is a shame, because the Optimus Prime build looked interesting.

I'm done now, and have this $1800 CDN white elephant staring at me from the shelf.

Goodbye Agora.

-Mike

I am also starting to lose my patience. 

I have done a few other partworks models and have not had the same amount as trouble as this one.  Have been getting emails saying that the repair park is being sent in a week then nothing. Also read somewhere that if you start this build the repair pack comes with the first pack. I would have thought that they would have sorted it out for those that have finished the model first.

Not sure what to do now as having spent over AU$2200. 

I agree that this wait is now becoming farcial.

I've had no communiction whatsoever, apart from an email from Agora more than two months ago asking me to refrain from making 'speculative posts' on the forum.

The same email also assured me that 'We have many perfectly working Leopard models'.

Funny how not a single owner of a 'perfectly working' model has posted on these forums yet. Speculation? Or fact?

I think the only thing worth speculating over here is how long it will take Agorasam to delete this.

So I've suspended my build on this since ... IDK when. I'm awaiting my final pack in the sub and hoping it will contain the mysterious 13th pack that fixes all evils. 

If it does I will press on. No complaints so far other than the obvious. 🤐

On 12/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, ThomasJW said:

So I've suspended my build on this since ... IDK when. I'm awaiting my final pack in the sub and hoping it will contain the mysterious 13th pack that fixes all evils. 

If it does I will press on. No complaints so far other than the obvious. 🤐

Just received an email.

Agora.png

Customer Service (Agora Models)

12 Dec 2022, 09:27 GMT

Hello Tony, pack 13 is being prepared and will be shipping now. You should receive an email very soon. 

Thank you,
Customer Service Team

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Palian said:

Just received an email.

Agora.png

Customer Service (Agora Models)

12 Dec 2022, 09:27 GMT

Hello Tony, pack 13 is being prepared and will be shipping now. You should receive an email very soon. 

Thank you,
Customer Service Team

That's encouraging!

Anyone else had this email? I've still had no communication about this.

2 hours ago, notsram said:

That's encouraging!

Anyone else had this email? I've still had no communication about this.

Just received this email.

We are delighted to tell you that Pack 13 of your Leopard 2A6 model has now shipped. This is your Upgrade Pack which you will not be charged for

Amazingly, given the current Royal Mail situation in the UK, mine arrived this morning!

Unfortunately, it's going to be a few weeks before I can start the build, but I'll be keeping an eye on this forum. Hopefully, we'll now see some reports of correctly working models.

Camera STILL doesn't work (no signal.)

Sound board appears to only be able to play one sound at a time - so the engine is, 'off' when the tank fires.

Lights are brighter now.

Gun barrel does go up and down now. Turret rotation does not work, but I don't have all of the screws in so that might be the issue there. Figured why @#$% bother if the camera still doesn't work and I'm going to have to re-solder the wires to the side of the turret and to the back three prong exposed copper things.

I have a few wires that have pulled from their connections on the turret, no doubt thanks to repeatedly having tot assemble/dissasemble the tank.

I do not have any vape fluid in, but I do hear the exhaust motors turning.

Tank does now turn and move, for about five minutes before the battery is depleted. Doesn't seem to have enough power to turn effectively on carpet.

I'm pretty disgusted that the camera - the main selling point for me - is still inoperable. It might be because of a few wires not being. connected, but that's shoddy programming/design on someone's part. Overall for the price point, I'm still quite unsatisfied.

Hope you all have better luck.

@Apathic I get what you mean about the constant disassembly... One of the reasons I cut my losses and gave up with the Deagostini tank was I'd pulled it apart so many times to check connections and reinstall replacement parts that it was practically falling apart and some of the electronics were getting damaged. The turret in particular was ridiculously loose. It sort of rotated, but was prone to fall off as the screws were so loose.

Not good news on your camera. That's a major selling point for me too. Or the sound board. And does the battery really only last five minutes? That's ridiculous.

Hopefully your issues are just one-offs and you'll get replacements, but if not, perhaps someone from Agora could clarify what our options are?

I have to bite my tongue on some of the complaints of late. Presently I'm awaiting my final pack, hopefully with pack 13 included. I've suspended my build on this since pack 06. Once I receive all packs I will probably read, maybe print, all instructions and annotate where steps are superseded or where it makes sense to do in a logical order. Once all my screws are tightened and connections connected I'll test it. I am giving the benefit of the doubt that Agora will have this sorted out. Maybe I'm naïve but I'm on my own quest.

Edited by ThomasJW
Added pithy comment

Considering what it cost, £1000 in UK I have found it rather disappointing. The Torro Leopard 2A6 Metal version is nearly half the cost and has full metal lower hull and running gear. Having plastic wheels running on plastic suspension arms which twist under any stress is rubbish. The metal and rubber pad tracks are the best part in my opinion and when I first received the metal turret in pack one I was in high hopes but after that it felt like down hill. A pack 13 was issued and it did sort out issues with the turret and lights and was also supposed to improve the sound but that's still poor but there are still problems with the pinion gears on the motors slipping on the shafts. There are no locking screws, their just pushed on and rely on a tight fit. Any surface other than smooth it struggles to turn.  Also the turret ring gear jump teeth occasionally. Agora have some really nice static display models but this is their first venture into RC and I just don't think its up to the running requirements. I think it may have been a much better approach if Agora had released it as an all metal monster static but with the option of upgrading to full working RC if desired.

• Like 1

This was my first Agora model and was hopeful that it would not be my last. With all the trouble I have had with it the amount of over $2000.00 Australia in my opinion was not worth it. I am very disappointed in this model and only hope that if I do decide to do another model from Agora, they have done their homework.

@ThomasJWGiven the numerous issues and faults with this model, I think the complaints are justified when you take into account how much it costs.

Personally, I've still not started building it and won't be doing so until/unless there are reports of it working as advertised. If not, I'll be returning it for a refund.

• Like 1

Hello, the Upgrade Kit is working extremely well for many customers and modellers. Please contact us via the website if you have not yet received your Upgrade Kit. Please also contact us if there is another part that is not working perfectly so we can send out a replacement. Thank you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, notsram said:

@ThomasJWGiven the numerous issues and faults with this model, I think the complaints are justified when you take into account how much it costs.

Personally, I've still not started building it and won't be doing so until/unless there are reports of it working as advertised. If not, I'll be returning it for a refund.

I am not discounting how much the build costs. What I am discounting are complaints to the effect 'my tank is not working ... some wires are not connected ... maybe that's the problem' type complaints.  Those are not constructive. As for modelers who haven't even started the build yet, well ... smh.

@AgoraSam Thanks for stepping in. I can see where this thread is heading and I'm not carrying this baggage into the new year. No further comments from me other than progress reports. Cheers.

Hi to all tank builders l have just finished fitting the pack 13 and the tank has all working functions however the tank is badly underpowered and struggles to turn on even smooth surfaces. If you run the tank without the top hull and turret it is perfect so l believe that the motors are not able to cope with the weight. Is this a common problem? I don’t know what to do about this. Any ideas.

On 12/29/2022 at 7:21 PM, Karl said:

Hi to all tank builders l have just finished fitting the pack 13 and the tank has all working functions however the tank is badly underpowered and struggles to turn on even smooth surfaces. If you run the tank without the top hull and turret it is perfect so l believe that the motors are not able to cope with the weight. Is this a common problem? I don’t know what to do about this. Any ideas.

Hi Karl

My parts arrived today after a month. 

Installed the new parts and still no go with some of the parts. The tanks no fires, camera working but no turret turning or lights working. 

Have sent an email to them. Not very happy with the money I have spent.

3 hours ago, Palian said:

Hi Karl

My parts arrived today after a month. 

Installed the new parts and still no go with some of the parts. The tanks no fires, camera working but no turret turning or lights working. 

Have sent an email to them. Not very happy with the money I have spent.

Hi palian looks like you are in Australia, l am as well. I may be able to help you get your tank working, I have had all of the same issues with my tank as you have with yours and I now have all functions working, although it is very underpowered kind regards Karl 

1 minute ago, Karl said:

Hi palian looks like you are in Australia, l am as well. I may be able to help you get your tank working, I have had all of the same issues with my tank as you have with yours and I now have all functions working, although it is very underpowered kind regards Karl 

Hi Karl

Thanks for the help. Where are you. I am in Sydney.

Have tried re connecting all the cables and checking them again.  Still at the moment trying to find out why my lights that were working are not.  Also, the motor for the turret turning is OK as tested. 

Now with removing the cables from the boards the cables are getting bad.

14 minutes ago, Palian said:

Hi Karl

Thanks for the help. Where are you. I am in Sydney.

Have tried re connecting all the cables and checking them again.  Still at the moment trying to find out why my lights that were working are not.  Also, the motor for the turret turning is OK as tested. 

Now with removing the cables from the boards the cables are getting bad.

I’m in Adelaide my new circuit board was faulty l used the original, so the parts l used were the new main board and new ribbon cable because the plugs are opposite to my original then plug them in and that made my head lights and turret work correctly but please check that the new little board has the plastic connector plugs in the same way round as the original . You have to be very careful when you unplug the connectors because it pulls the pins out of the circuit board, try this and let me know how you get on good luck with it  Karl