Pitstain Hobbies build of the 007 No Time to Die Aston Martin DB5

Pitstain Hobbies

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Jo.Mora said:

Hi,

For the mounting of the tire, after struggling with just hot water, I put in a mine a jar of water and microwaved it to boil.  It went in very very easily...

Hi Jo, Just to be safe I can't endorse anyone microwaving their tires in water to over 200*F the chance to burn yourself is very real, that being said I am glad it worked for you but I will stick with very hot tap water from the sink.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 7:48 PM, Pitstain Hobbies said:

Hi Jo, Just to be safe I can't endorse anyone microwaving their tires in water to over 200*F the chance to burn yourself is very real, that being said I am glad it worked for you but I will stick with very hot tap water from the sink.

I simply put the tires in a pan with boiling water. I pull them out with tongs after 2 minutes or so, and they are soft as butter. Mind you, I am morethan a mile above sea level, so water boils at a temp less than 200 degrees.

Best,

Mark

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Pitstain Hobbies said:

Wow Jo that looks great, such a realistic finish, looks a well maintained but well driven engine.

Thanks for the compliment! I couldn't have described it better myself!  "Well maintained but well driven"... love it!!

It's exactly the look aiming for for this legend. After all, she is 60 years old!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...