Electrical problem with starting with pack 11 instructions

Tom

Greetings. I recently posted about a problem I was having with my model. I was able to get the base working properly but had no functions in the plane itself. Obviously, a wiring issue. I ended up taking the model back down to the point where I could access the main board in the plane. On the main circuit board there are 2 connections for the power/data wires to the base, T2 and W2. T2 I am calling the 'Data' connection and W2 I am calling the power connection. W2 connects to pins 4 and 5 at the connecting post. T2 connects to pins 1 and 2. You can't go wrong up to this point. The problem in my case comes in pack 11 stage 1. The instructions show that there are 2 different sized connectors for the power post. According to the instructions you can't go wrong. My kit came with 2 connectors the same size making it possible to connect the post incorrectly, which of course I did. I had T2 and W2 connected backwards. W2 and T2 connect to pins 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 all the way through to the base. After following the wiring down to the base and connecting everything the right way, the plane is functioning properly. All I have to do now is put it all back together. Another thing that I found is the base battery takes about 12 hours to charge the first time and it doesn't take long to drain it.

I hope this helps the other builders that are having similar problems.

22 hours ago, Tom said:

Greetings. I recently posted about a problem I was having with my model. I was able to get the base working properly but had no functions in the plane itself. Obviously, a wiring issue. I ended up taking the model back down to the point where I could access the main board in the plane. On the main circuit board there are 2 connections for the power/data wires to the base, T2 and W2. T2 I am calling the 'Data' connection and W2 I am calling the power connection. W2 connects to pins 4 and 5 at the connecting post. T2 connects to pins 1 and 2. You can't go wrong up to this point. The problem in my case comes in pack 11 stage 1. The instructions show that there are 2 different sized connectors for the power post. According to the instructions you can't go wrong. My kit came with 2 connectors the same size making it possible to connect the post incorrectly, which of course I did. I had T2 and W2 connected backwards. W2 and T2 connect to pins 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 all the way through to the base. After following the wiring down to the base and connecting everything the right way, the plane is functioning properly. All I have to do now is put it all back together. Another thing that I found is the base battery takes about 12 hours to charge the first time and it doesn't take long to drain it.

I hope this helps the other builders that are having similar problems.

The batteries normally will take 5+ hours or maybe more to charge, depending on what type of Micro B USB cable used.  I get maybe 4-5+ cycles out of it.  Cycle = 1 take off and landing plus yanking and banking, firing the guns, and lights on.  Glad you got yours straightened out.  I found that the main circuit board was mislabeled as to what two plugs go where.  J1 and J2.  Or the instructions are wrong.  Each lifter must have a specific limit switch and cable.  Their is no warning in the instructions, that if you get them mixed up, you're going to have trouble down the road..  This is a single point of failure board.  If one plug is put in the wrong outlet, the whole enchilada won't work.  Also the instructions say to turn your remote control pad on first, then the base.  The black and white sheet tells the opposite which is correct.