Switches

Bigbadbrian

• 3 months later...
On 6/22/2022 at 4:49 AM, Bigbadbrian said:

Does anybody know how many switch wires including the brake pedal go to the circuit board 

I intend to extend them to be operated outside the bus 

Its either 5 or 6 unless someone who has finished the hachette version can tell me the definitive answer

I can't help with the count but love the plan. I wish the controls could be via a remote controller for all the models. And a remote power source to model so batteries don't get left inside to cause future inevitable damage. Handling the model, opening display case to show off the electrics is not something I wish to do . 

4 hours ago, Franknstang said:

I can't help with the count but love the plan. I wish the controls could be via a remote controller for all the models. And a remote power source to model so batteries don't get left inside to cause future inevitable damage. Handling the model, opening display case to show off the electrics is not something I wish to do . 

I did a post in modifications forum on that with video as well

4 hours ago, Franknstang said:

i also modified mine with a jst plug for battery box which is fixed under my display shelf but can be unplugged to move bus

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Built the plinth out of mdf, cover polycarbonate 

Modified the wiring to make the front indicators flash using 0.4 led and drilling a hole in the indicator likwise with the bulk head light. Switches bought from ebay, and road strangely made from material that goes into thermal lances for steel making. Oh and passengers from the hachette website at the beginning of this project20221121_102337.thumb.jpg.2647c7970c9fc73922093648b4d37227.jpg

20221203_131337.jpg

20221203_131311.jpg

20221203_131117.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bigbadbri said:

Built the plinth out of mdf, cover polycarbonate 

Modified the wiring to make the front indicators flash using 0.4 led and drilling a hole in the indicator likwise with the bulk head light. Switches bought from ebay, and road strangely made from material that goes into thermal lances for steel making. Oh and passengers from the hachette website at the beginning of this project20221121_102337.thumb.jpg.2647c7970c9fc73922093648b4d37227.jpg

20221203_131337.jpg

20221203_131311.jpg

20221203_131117.jpg

that looks awesome bri have you made your own perspex case too ? ive bought ready cut sheets to make my own im just waiting for corner brackets to arrive (got the exact same ones as you lol ) you got to post a vid of buttons working etc

I cut the polycarbonate out of 6mm with edges like a jigsaw so they all interlock then used a chemical to fuse all the joints on the cover. Then used flight case handles to lift off. I also routed in Routemaster.  The one i made for the Bismarck takes 2 people to lift off and its heavy. I made it before the ship and got the size wrong so it was easier to cut down the ship stand. 

I will make a video showing the finished bus when I've done my own adverts. I stick them to 0.4 magnetic sheet in order to change them when i fancy.

Loved making this model hope agora either pick up the 66 batmobile or bond db5

2 minutes ago, Bigbadbri said:

I cut the polycarbonate out of 6mm with edges like a jigsaw so they all interlock then used a chemical to fuse all the joints on the cover. Then used flight case handles to lift off. I also routed in Routemaster.  The one i made for the Bismarck takes 2 people to lift off and its heavy. I made it before the ship and got the size wrong so it was easier to cut down the ship stand. 

I will make a video showing the finished bus when I've done my own adverts. I stick them to 0.4 magnetic sheet in order to change them when i fancy.

Loved making this model hope agora either pick up the 66 batmobile or bond db5

i found a guy on ebay really good price for custom cut perspex sheets look forward to video  and totally agree with the 66 batmobile and 007 DB5  but looks like were getting another ferrari and a 63 corvette stingray and an old mercedes race car

3 hours ago, Bigbadbri said:

Video of switches and plinth cover.

Ill be making some extra circa 1965 adverts so it can change with the seasons  

awesome vid bri i love the little card with switch numbers and the detail on the case im guessing you have a lazer cutter ( totally jealous lol ) and the stickers on magnetic strip is genius