Titanic Purchase and Shipment

mikedm

I received an email in regards to the Titanic, if I read correctly, I would make the initial payment and then the remaining payments would start billing the end of January but the kit or portions of the kit don't ship until May 2022?  Now you want prepayment and still drag out the shipment of the kit in portions.  Sure wish someone would get their act together when selling these kits, some of us have the capability to pay in full but have to settle for the partial shipments instead of getting the full kit shipped.

And I understand this is a pre-order, but you selling and shipping techniques need to be reassessed !!

Was just informed by Sophie that one pays for Pack 1 and then the remaining packs are billed just before shipping.  Still piece mealing things out which is ridiculous !!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Of course it's done piecemeal. That's the beauty of a partworks model. You get certain parts each month, and then you get to build it and wait with anticipation for the following month's shipment.

Plus it's a good way for them to get more people into this. How many people do you know have a little over $2000 to spend on a model of the Titanic all at once? This way, people who don't have that kind of money up front can still take part in this great kit.

Still, if you're not a fan of partworks kits and you want the full model up front, you might check out the Trumpeter 1:200 Titanic. But, be forewarned, it's going to require a LOT more work than this one is. The biggest thing: you'll have the paint all the parts, including the gigantic hull section on your own. At least with this, a lot of the work will be done for you. Plus the Trumpeter one is all plastic, not metal like this bad boy is.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fully agree,part works make it afordable.Agora then give you the option once in the market place for a time to purchase multiple packs to start with.They then give you the option once the subscription runs its corse to purchase the full kit.This is a very reliable company unlike the way modelspace uk turned out with incomplete subscriptions and missing parts.

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 4:58 PM, AgoraSam said:

Yes, this model is a subscription. We are sorry this upsets you but our models start as subscription models and are then later available as a full kit. 

At the moment i am building the Hachette version of the Titanic which i am at No12  so far I am thinking of stopping this as you seem to right the wrongs  that the Hachette version eg the breakwaters which on the titanic where white but Hachette was grey and Agroa are going to replace  them with the white ones which is of course is the right color. I have just seen you are going as a  subscription at the moment  as I am near enough getting issue 13 if i cancel the hachette then could I carry on my subscription from 13 from your site The second thing I wish to ask How do i become a member on here as I am just starting on the Bismarck kit from you 

• 2 months later...

Well after the Eaglemoss & now Model-Space situations.  Both different situations I know, but still both went dark.

I now sorta side with buying full kit only... as much as I enjoy the box of parts showing up as something to look forward to I am in no way enjoying the 45% Ecto-1 and the 75% Solar System... complete waste of $s right now.... pathetic and sad at the same time