Model suggestion titanic

Ajacobi

More than 10 years ago, was it 15, Hachette did publish a model of the Titanic, but it was the Amati version, in wood. I have it and its been sitting on shelves as it is not an easy build for a beginner. The Bismarck in wood was also available through Hachette a few years after the Titanic.

The current Agora / Hachette version of the Bismarck is a totally different model. The idea the Titanic would once more be available, but as a new model, with a metal hull and electric components is a thrilling prospect which I hope will become a reality.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if that is a smart business decision.  A wooden hull seems as if it would scare off many "would-be-customers" (myself included)  I can only imagine myself attempting such a challenging endeavor and be forced to cancel after just a couple of months.  Unfortunately, my meager skills are more in line with the nuts & bolts and not the wood, sandpaper and glue.  I'll leave this one for the pros.

i hear what most of you are saying, and i was saying it would be a cool idea if agora made a new, metal version of eaglemoss's titanic model with electronic components such as spinning props, moving rudder, and moving anchors. what would be cooler is if they reached out to historians to try to make this more realistic that the wooden one coming out soon

• 3 weeks later...