E Type Jaguar Wire Wheels Sell as separate item?

Has Agora thought about selling the wire wheels and tyres for the E Type Jaguar as a separate set?

Reason being that I can see a marketing opportunity to sell them to model makers wishing to improve their Monogram/Revell 1/8th scale plastic kits.

The development has already been done, so marketing as a separate set on the website should be quite viable.

Actually, then Monogram tires fit amazingly well on the Agora wheels! Probably better than on the Monogram wheels...

No mods required. I even superglued Monogram Knock offs on the Agora wheels and they look great!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jo.Mora said:

Actually, then Monogram tires fit amazingly well on the Agora wheels! Probably better than on the Monogram wheels...

No mods required. I even superglued Monogram Knock offs on the Agora wheels and they look great!

Right then, that's my project for the weekend sorted whilst I still wait for my DB5 pack 7 to be delivered.

2 hours ago, CraigThePlague said:

Right then, that's my project for the weekend sorted whilst I still wait for my DB5 pack 7 to be delivered.

Let me know how it went!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2024 at 6:03 PM, Jo.Mora said:

Let me know how it went!

Well I managed to change the rear wheels over but had to remove part of the rear axle frame to allow the DB5 wheels to turn. Struggled like hell to get the spring washers back on holding the wheels on the shaft. Then moved onto the front wheels and couldn't get the old ones off without the fear off wrecking it, plus in one of the DB5 front wheel packs there is a part missing so I can't complete the job. Do you still have the assembly instructions regarding mounting the front wheels? I seem to remember having to glue a round plastic ring in place to keep the wheel on.

I've now got different wire wheels on the back than the front, but it was good to get the E-Type off the shelf and revisit it. I can't believe how good I thought it was when I finished it, having converted it to right hand drive, (because I'm English), and added numerous badges and carpets etc., but now it looks cheap and tacky compared to the Agora models... but then it was 10% of the cost of an Agora one and a few years ago.

20240602_132420.jpg

20240602_132653.jpg

20240602_161513.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CraigThePlague said:

Then moved onto the front wheels and couldn't get the old ones off without the fear off wrecking it, plus in one of the DB5 front wheel packs there is a part missing so I can't complete the job. Do you still have the assembly instructions regarding mounting the front wheels?

Hi.

It sucks having missing parts form the Agora kit...😒

I believe this is what you are looking for...

Cheers!

20240602_154552.jpg

10 hours ago, Jo.Mora said:

I believe this is what you are looking for...

Thanks Jo.Mora. That's exactly what I was looking for and how I remembered it.

I guess those old wheels will be staying on then and I might have to put the old ones back on the rear.

It's a shame as the DB5 ones do look much better.

Don't be too hard on that old plastic kit Craig. It was first issued by Monogram way back in the sixties, plus your modelling skills will have improved since you built your model in RHD.

Talking of big Jaguar E Types another company named Bandai in Japan also did an E Type in 1/8th scale that was a different kit altogether from the Monogram/Revell.

• Like 1