The Behemoth Arises!

Well Guys it's finally true, the Behemoth has arisen. Optimus looks stunning with his upper legs and hips completed mostly.

This was a very enjoyable pack 10, sometimes a little challenging, with especially moving the hips in different angles to show you what he looks like, but it a good strong hip, which he will need for sure.

This time I actually counted all the screws and put them in temporary containers, every single different but only slightly different screws before I started, I didn't want to be caught out at the end.

Everything went very well with all parts fitting great, and he looks great too.😉

I have not changed my mind on anything about Optimus, he is wonderful and a real honest pleasing feeling of accomplishment at the end of every pack!

And that is what model making is about for real. Guys!

IMG20240202145435.jpg

IMG20240202145449.jpg

IMG20240202145639.jpg

IMG20240202145704.jpg

IMG20240202145841.jpg

IMG20240202145935.jpg

IMG20240202145955.jpg

IMG20240202150036.jpg

IMG20240202150055.jpg

IMG20240202150117.jpg

IMG20240202150121.jpg

Edited by Phil
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very Impressive!!wow can't believe its only 2 packs from completion!!glad it's been a fun + challenging journey to get Prime perfect!Can't wait to see the final build all up and running which I believe will be April😀

Great job,looks awesome Phil👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you Chris, your words are beyond kindness.

Yes, the time has travelled so fast, I blink and there it is February already.

I remember when you said to me Chris that it will take pride of place when it's built, you have very good insight may I say, because Optimus is going to be the centre of attention in my house.

And he is heavy! Just as well I have concrete 1st floor 😂

Thanks again Chris, now gonna compose a message to you about R2-D2.

• Haha 1

This model is spectacular!! large, heavy, robust and with excellent quality pieces that fit together very well!
it is not easy to fold the legs because they are very large and heavy, 
but once given the desired pose, the model remains perfectly in position without sagging 👍
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, BIZZIO said:

This model is spectacular!! large, heavy, robust and with excellent quality pieces that fit together very well!
it is not easy to fold the legs because they are very large and heavy, 
but once given the desired pose, the model remains perfectly in position without sagging 👍

Hey BIZZIO. Thank you my friend and may I say that I fully agree with what you have said! 👍

How shall we say it BIZZIO, that I would say if anyone of you have ever lifted a bag of cement, this is really one of the heaviest models I have come across in my life, and that is no exaggerated statement!

Optimus as you say my friend, is Spectacular! I know we rave on about Optimus, but I would recommend this model to anyone who has an interest in large scale, very good quality mainly metal model, which is spray painted to a finish you would liken to your brand new car and I am being fully open giving this opinion as only a customer of Agora Models.

And I have thanked them so many times before for having the vision to enter the world of Transformers and I won't stop 🛑, because apart from R2-D2 and the Leopard Tank, I have enjoyed every single moment building Optimus.😁

BIZZIO, where are you going to display your Optimus? Because I know he will also take pride of place in your home.

And when it comess to the completion of Optimus, please let's have Megatron! Agora Models a personal beg from me lol.

Thanks again BIZZIO glad you have enjoyed building Optimus too.

Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

Hi Phil 😊👍, 
I'll probably put this in a bedroom I don't use! 
I've already put the Deagostini Iron Man there...and I'll also put the Hachette Mazinga (another big boy ...I reached number 67 of 100)
I'd like to make a case for the Optimus Prime where it can be inserted but it's not easy due to the size
I also bought the display base for the optimus prime because it seems like an added value to the model (and it is also Individually numbered)
I will definitely take some photos of the finished model because it is too beautiful! 😍
  • Like 1

BIZZIO my friend, I will look forward to seeing your pictures of  the grand Optimus.

Yes I will be getting the base too, looks good 👍😊

I would love to encase him too when I have him in his final pose, size and expense will play a big part in that, we shall have to wait and see my friend.

And yes he is beautiful 🤩

Take Care BIZZIO and cheers. 🍻😊

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with you all. Optimus is one of the best quality builds I have ever done. The quality of the components is superb, and the fit is perfect! Andyes, he is heavy as all get out.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark A said:

I have to agree with you all. Optimus is one of the best quality builds I have ever done. The quality of the components is superb, and the fit is perfect! Andyes, he is heavy as all get out.

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you Mark A, it is appreciated 👍

Yes I just love the way it fits together and quality is beyond belief, in all my years of modelling, I really have not seen anything of this calibre as of Optimus.

Cheers,

Phil

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pic of Optimus BIZZIO, he holding the Matrix of Leadership, it gives Optimus all his wisdom and power and I suppose his compassion too, it has been well contended for.

It will be a great pose to hold him in,I will certainly give it a try. But he can't be holding the Matrix and his weapons at the same time. 

So a lot of experimenting to do in the near future BIZZIO! Very 😎.

Thanks my friend.

• Like 1