Seriously Metal Mayhem! A Pleasure I Assure You.

Well what a blast that was putting his pants on his left leg! 

Seriously metal mayhem in this pack and now his left leg is humungous, the weight is terrifying and the metalwork is sprayed to perfection.

I'm enclosing some pics of different positioning, plus his leg can be at two heights with a clever pin.

But now two thirds of the way through this build and I have enjoyed watching Optimus grow into the perfect transformer.

IMG20231208105347.jpg

IMG20231208105420.jpg

IMG20231208105436.jpg

IMG20231208105451.jpg

IMG20231208105505.jpg

IMG20231208105514.jpg

IMG20231208105559.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BIZZIO said:

super!! thank you for the pics Phil!! 😎👍

Thank you Bizzio, that's very kind of you. 😊👍

• Like 1

As an additional word of caution to anyone who has not reached this stage yet, always be very aware that you are using the correct screws for the correct parts, there are no spares. 👀👋

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christopher Christou said:

Absolutely gorgeous!really is an impressive peice!Nice work as usual Phil👍

Thank you Chris, that is really nice of you to say so. I'm astounded by the amount of metal.👍

I know what you mean,agora have really stepped up with optimus!if only the terminator had as much metal as this!

I just know its going to be such a joy when he's done,pure solid metal,large size and just awesome to look at.hes mouth moving up and down when he speaks is really cool too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Christou said:

I know what you mean,agora have really stepped up with optimus!if only the terminator had as much metal as this!

I just know its going to be such a joy when he's done,pure solid metal,large size and just awesome to look at.hes mouth moving up and down when he speaks is really cool too!!

Yes to me personally Chris, Optimus 80's version, has to be one of top builds of the last few years, I don't exaggerate either. As I saw with the likes of Ironman, yes a nice model, but hardly anything to do every month until it reached it's final stages and too much plastic involved, and to the Titanic too, well essentially it's only the hull that is metal, I understand that the whole thing can't be metal even with Optimus, they would collapse under their own weight, but with Optimus and this is why I rate it so highly, each pack you have plenty to do and it's like an individual model build itself, and it exudes real quality workmanship. And I will also add that even the scale poster they provide you with at the start does not do Optimus any justice. And Agora I will say again have to be thanked for taking the leap of faith with Optimus.

As an aside Chris, I personally have not built Terminator, could you give me an idea of what percentage of the model is metal?

It certainly looks impressive in all the pics I've seen. But I know that can be done with photo shop etc.

My photos I post are not enhanced in any way. Just want everyone to know that.

• Like 2

Hey Phil

Terminator is a awesome build,but the metal parts are the fingers,toes and feet,his head,shoulder joints and the actual torso frame. His legs,thighs arms,wrists,rib cage,neck are all plastic.so I would say about 50% plastic not too bad to be fair but the middle part of the model (torso,ribcage) feels significantly heavier than the rest of him. 

I'm tempted on the optimus after seeing so much positive things but as I'm doing E.T soon I think it's the la ferrari for me next😃

• Like 1

Hey Chris thank you for the information on The Terminator. And very interesting too of what you say about the torso being heavier. I'm sort of 50/50 on Terminator on whether I shall build or not. Don't know whether you heard Chris, but I believe Fanhome are releasing Batmobile 66 very soon, that will be a Def yes for me, the ill fated Eaglemoss were due to release it then everyone knows what happened.

But Batmobile 66 is a must, right from my childhood to early 20's on TV lol. 

I'm still holding my hopes high for Megatron, but how far away is that?

I'm not going to live forever guys, 💔 So I really need it all now including Apache AH 64. 😉

Cheers Chris 😁🍻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, raindance773 said:

Where did you put the pin you mentioned to have two different heights? And what pin did you use?

Hi raindance773, it's part of the model my friend, as you look at his leg in top picture, the large yellow like screwhead, at the base of foot is movable, if you take that out, it just pulls out, you can then lift the leg by the top and adjust it to the second hole, re insert the pin and it locks it into higher position. Which gives it two different heights.

It's nothing spectacular raindance, probably gain about and inch or so in height.

Happy New Year buddy!

On 12/10/2023 at 3:16 AM, Phil said:

Hey Chris thank you for the information on The Terminator. And very interesting too of what you say about the torso being heavier. I'm sort of 50/50 on Terminator on whether I shall build or not. Don't know whether you heard Chris, but I believe Fanhome are releasing Batmobile 66 very soon, that will be a Def yes for me, the ill fated Eaglemoss were due to release it then everyone knows what happened.

But Batmobile 66 is a must, right from my childhood to early 20's on TV lol. 

I'm still holding my hopes high for Megatron, but how far away is that?

I'm not going to live forever guys, 💔 So I really need it all now including Apache AH 64. 😉

Cheers Chris 😁🍻

Sorry Phil just seen this post from a few weeks back!

Happy New year!!

Got the email from 2024 agora this morning!looks like they have loads in the pipeline for this year!a new limited edition Ferrari in blue as well as a road and race version (like others have said I think this is the 250 GTO)

The Apache looks great and also very big!I don't think I'll bite on that one. Space is limited for me with so many build at the mo.

Glad the batmobile 66 is coming from fanhome!great memories for you so I'm sure will be a fun build and hopefully better than Hachette tumbler!maybe save the terminator and do the batmobile and get your revenge for the tumbler!😄

Cheers Phil🍻

• Like 1

No problem Chris, and Happy New Year too.

Yes I hope the Apache is sooner rather than later, I'm in a bit of a mindset between a rock and a hard place, because though how much I would love to build the Lancaster, it's size like 5ft wingspan is scary and I don't really have space either, but the Apache looks more compact to a size more acceptable, Batmobile 66 will be a Def!

So will have to wait and see, hope they don't keep us waiting too long for the chopper. 

But space is a premium now.

Cheers Chris.

🍻😊

Hey Phil

I had a look at world of Wayne building the Lancaster bomber.it looks huge!but from reading the comments people don't seem happy with how many stages there are and also the build quality?check the YouTube comments and see what you think.I believe it's going to take almost 3 years to build 😮,

The Apache is definitely more space friendly lol!

I can't wait to finish R2 and the leopard is nearly there.I'm undecided if I'm going to take the leap with the la Ferrari or wait a few months into this year and see what agora pull out the bag.

The email said something about bringing a model that's not got 4 wheels and has a more interesting kind of construction/building technique.

Time will tell....

• Like 1

Yes Chris I saw that too, where my main concern would be, the worry of whether it would hit problems, like the Spitfire had, and yes way too long to build, not my idea of enjoying a model, I mean Bismarck and Titanic on Hachette took over two years, and Titanic not finished yet, but that will be over two years too, so three years is a def no no.😱

So how many packs do you have with Leopard now?

I just completed 94-98 on R2, promise you there will be pics soon, I have weathered mine considerably, especially the body and feet.

Thanks Chris for info, and Cheers.

2 hours ago, Christopher Christou said:

Hey Phil

I had a look at world of Wayne building the Lancaster bomber.it looks huge!but from reading the comments people don't seem happy with how many stages there are and also the build quality?check the YouTube comments and see what you think.I believe it's going to take almost 3 years to build 😮,

The Apache is definitely more space friendly lol!

I can't wait to finish R2 and the leopard is nearly there.I'm undecided if I'm going to take the leap with the la Ferrari or wait a few months into this year and see what agora pull out the bag.

The email said something about bringing a model that's not got 4 wheels and has a more interesting kind of construction/building technique.

Time will tell....

Me thinks maybe the Space Station lol.👀🌌

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil said:

Yes Chris I saw that too, where my main concern would be, the worry of whether it would hit problems, like the Spitfire had, and yes way too long to build, not my idea of enjoying a model, I mean Bismarck and Titanic on Hachette took over two years, and Titanic not finished yet, but that will be over two years too, so three years is a def no no.😱

I just completed 94-98 on R2, promise you there will be pics soon, I have weathered mine considerably, especially the body and feet.

Only 4 packs left with leopard now,might ask agora to send them in one go as I'm getting impatient now haha.it's looking great so far though.I've finished all the tracks and the wheels on both sides.going to be fun getting the tank moving though and on-board camera too!

Ah I'm jealous your 2 issued away from finishing him!!😃

I'm receiving packs 91-94 this month so won't be done till March 😞

Really happy you chose to weather him too,can't wait to see the pics,bet they are awesome!!!

Cheers Phil 

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 9:24 PM, Christopher Christou said:

Only 4 packs left with leopard now,might ask agora to send them in one go as I'm getting impatient now haha.it's looking great so far though.I've finished all the tracks and the wheels on both sides.going to be fun getting the tank moving though and on-board camera too!

Ah I'm jealous your 2 issued away from finishing him!!😃

I'm receiving packs 91-94 this month so won't be done till March 😞

Really happy you chose to weather him too,can't wait to see the pics,bet they are awesome!!!

Cheers Phil 

Patience is a virtue Chris, though time and tide wait for no man, I really enjoyed the Leopard, even with it's teething problems at the beginning it was still a lovely build. 

Building a tank, which is relatively still modern was innovative and what a nice piece of kit it is. I love Agoras different ways to pay plan, as long as they have you can pay as you wish, I did that with a model.

Cheers.

• Like 1