Instructions/Parts Inventory

Lostark98

Hello lostark98

https://www.agoramodels.com/download-center/007_db5

I don't think you will recieve paper instructions throughtout the build but the link above will take you to the download for the first pack instructions.

Check back on agora when you recieve the next pack and Pack 2 instructions should be available to download too

30 minutes ago, Christopher Christou said:

Hello lostark98

https://www.agoramodels.com/download-center/007_db5

I don't think you will recieve paper instructions throughtout the build but the link above will take you to the download for the first pack instructions.

Check back on agora when you recieve the next pack and Pack 2 instructions should be available to download too

Thanks, Christopher! The link is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

Ken

Hello all.

This is also my first Agora model and today (November 2nd) I received my first pack (I'm located in Germany so apparently that is the reason I am getting my packages a week later than the UK. Although it was sent from a German warehouse.)

I was shocked to see that the absence of printed instructions is apparently a rule at Agora Models. That's bad. I have taken instructions on paper as granted. It was at Eaglemoss and it is at Fanhome, Hachette and Altaya.

So am I supposed to sit in front of my computer and build the model? (It is rather nice, though, that you can zoom in on the PDF document.) Five years ago I prepared a room in my house for model building - without any electronics that could distract me. So I can't even watch World of Wayne building it with me building simultaneously.

Of course when you study the DB5 offer text on the website carefully there is no mention of instructions. I noticed that but I didn't expect that there would be none!

Is everyone else OK with this?

Steve (still shocked)

41 minutes ago, ModelSteve said:

Hello all.

This is also my first Agora model and today (November 2nd) I received my first pack (I'm located in Germany so apparently that is the reason I am getting my packages a week later than the UK. Although it was sent from a German warehouse.)

I was shocked to see that the absence of printed instructions is apparently a rule at Agora Models. That's bad. I have taken instructions on paper as granted. It was at Eaglemoss and it is at Fanhome, Hachette and Altaya.

So am I supposed to sit in front of my computer and build the model? (It is rather nice, though, that you can zoom in on the PDF document.) Five years ago I prepared a room in my house for model building - without any electronics that could distract me. So I can't even watch World of Wayne building it with me building simultaneously.

Of course when you study the DB5 offer text on the website carefully there is no mention of instructions. I noticed that but I didn't expect that there would be none!

Is everyone else OK with this?

Steve (still shocked)

Hi Steve 

I totally get your frustration🤨I was shocked too as the agora terminator build had instructions, yet my leopard tank build I'm having to use my phone (really need to get a big tablet or ipad) to guide me through.

I prefer the paper instructions also..

I know lostark98 said about printing them off but if you don't have a printer then it kinda sucks...

Maybe we should start a petition to get agora to do paper instructions again🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christopher Christou said:

Hi Steve 

I totally get your frustration🤨I was shocked too as the agora terminator build had instructions, yet my leopard tank build I'm having to use my phone (really need to get a big tablet or ipad) to guide me through.

I prefer the paper instructions also..

I know lostark98 said about printing them off but if you don't have a printer then it kinda sucks...

Maybe we should start a petition to get agora to do paper instructions again🙂

Good idea but sounds expensive!

Before the creation of FanHome, DeAgostini had led the way with NOT including printed directions. I print them out, but my printer is dying, and it makes them hard to read. It IS a nice feature to be able to zoom in on the PDF however.

Personally, I am good either way. I can manage printed directions, but its nice not taking my glasses off to see a detail that I can just enlarge on the screen.

Best,

Mark

My take is that I much prefer printed instructions. If you smear a bit of oil or glue on a printed page by accident, it doesn't really matter. Another story if it's a computer/tablet/phone screen!

I don't understand why they're not included, TBH. I work in the print industry and I know how little extra it'd cost to bulk print the directions. 

I'm lucky though, in that we have a couple of very fast laser printers in the office, so I can easily print them off from the PDFS  🙂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I must be in the minority.

I prefer the instructions as a PDF.

I always have access to them on my mobile for any quick reference but mainly for being able to zoom in and out of details on my Ipad during a build.
not to mention once the model is finished, i'm not left with pile of magazines.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I too am "old school" and prefer printed instructions. When my first pack arrived, I printed them out, but my printer was also dying, fortunately, the wife and I purchased a new printer and I re-printed my first pack. Since then, I download the instructions, (as they become available) and print them, (35 pages at a time) and then insert 2 pages, back to back into document sleeves and put them into a large 3 ring binder. This gives me the instructions to examine, but I'll also use my tablet to review trickier steps, where the photos may not be clear. Watching the assembly on YT is also helpful. 

I do enjoy the process of printing, collating and putting them into the binder, I also bought a giant 3 ring binder and document protector sheets off Amazon just for this process. The binder is large enough to hold the 400+ sheets of printed instructions, at least it's supposed to be, we'll see I suppose.