Halloween Favourites of the Cinema!

Phil

So as we near the day itself, and I know it will only be peeps who love horror who really looks at this, but who's your favorite film horror character of truth or fiction?

Wouldn't mind seeing some of them as 1/2 scale models or even full size perish the thought!

So I'll start with Freddy Kruger of Wes Craven days gone by, what a character he was, next on my list as he is one scary SOB! is Michael Myers of Halloween fame and kept Jamie Curtis on the major earnings scale lol.

Right I'm going to sharpen my blades ready for the day itself, I am your dream as stripey jumper would say. 🤣🤣🎃👻😱

• Haha 2

Good thread Phil!

I'm a massive horror fan myself,always been Into it whether it be films,gaming even the music resonates with me.😈

Such a hard choice to narrow it down to one but I'll list my top 3 not in any order

1) leatherface 

The chainsaw and the fact its based on a true story really is a frightening story.

1/2 scale model yes please!!

leatherface.gif.6d8a8be9f274de760c869f367373d0b7.gif

2) terrifier 

This dude is more recent but when I saw the film for the first time It was just so gruesome and Art is a unique take on horror figures in general.

terrifier.gif.408c30f8dedc03431ddf56a323a48941.gif

3) ghostface (scream)

I know its been turned into a joke now but when I was a kid in the mid 90s when I first saw scream.it was SCARY!! Scream 2 also petrified me!It still brings back memories and the first horror icon I was fascinated with.

ghostface-scream.gif.a1796519f18ca92f1c58b3e59e58320d.gif

Of course I like that Freddie kruger is yours Phil,  he is a legend and nightmare on elm Street was truly terrifying.  Need to watch them again,maybe this weekend 😄

• Like 1

I love horror movies. Planning on watching 'A Quiet Place' tomorrow evening... with all the lights off and the surround sound jacked up 🙂

My favourite horror character would have to be Alien, but seeing as that's already been made, how about Pennywise the clown from the 'It' movies?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, notsram said:

I love horror movies. Planning on watching 'A Quiet Place' tomorrow evening... with all the lights off and the surround sound jacked up 🙂

My favourite horror character would have to be Alien, but seeing as that's already been made, how about Pennywise the clown from the 'It' movies?

You beat me to IT! notsram lol...like the play on words there?

Yes Pennywise would be an ideal candidate for a model. That would be one to wake up in the morning to ahhhhhh! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Christou said:

Good thread Phil!

I'm a massive horror fan myself,always been Into it whether it be films,gaming even the music resonates with me.😈

Such a hard choice to narrow it down to one but I'll list my top 3 not in any order

1) leatherface 

The chainsaw and the fact its based on a true story really is a frightening story.

1/2 scale model yes please!!

leatherface.gif.6d8a8be9f274de760c869f367373d0b7.gif

2) terrifier 

This dude is more recent but when I saw the film for the first time It was just so gruesome and Art is a unique take on horror figures in general.

terrifier.gif.408c30f8dedc03431ddf56a323a48941.gif

3) ghostface (scream)

I know its been turned into a joke now but when I was a kid in the mid 90s when I first saw scream.it was SCARY!! Scream 2 also petrified me!It still brings back memories and the first horror icon I was fascinated with.

ghostface-scream.gif.a1796519f18ca92f1c58b3e59e58320d.gif

Of course I like that Freddie kruger is yours Phil,  he is a legend and nightmare on elm Street was truly terrifying.  Need to watch them again,maybe this weekend 😄

Thank you Chris and I will go to your thread too and pick out some.

I have been a horror fanatic since the 70's and I believe we are in a very tight niche here especially with Agora lol, And though I would love to see these come as models, I believe licensing costs would be astronomical, but down the line I see it happening, because the interest is there amongst us.

To your choices, Billy the Puppet another perfect candidate to become a model, I think it would end my nieces staying at my house though lol. I loved the Saw movies, just got a bit much towards the end as they try and milk as much as they can out of it.

I have seen Terrifier 1 and that is also a very good movie, and humourous in places too, especially in the diner in the restrooms 😆

Scream franchise also very good 👍, with a mask like that, who could not be scared.

Nice choice also which notsram beat me to was Pennywise in Stephen King's It.

Well thought out Chris and a long with Leatherface, the choices are endless. 👏

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

You beat me to IT! notsram lol...like the play on words there?

Yes Pennywise would be an ideal candidate for a model. That would be one to wake up in the morning to ahhhhhh! 😂

A Quiet Place is a brilliant movie notsram.

1 hour ago, notsram said:

IT is awesome and I like the new movies but Tim curry IT was my favourite.😅

But the new school It would make a better model.those details on his face are insane!the teeth are also extreme when he morphs into a more extreme IT😱

A quiet place is a great movie,defo worth a watch.interesting idea with not being able to make a single sound otherwise your dead pretty much.

second one not so much but still not too bad.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Thank you Chris and I will go to your thread too and pick out some.

I have been a horror fanatic since the 70's and I believe we are in a very tight niche here especially with Agora lol, And though I would love to see these come as models, I believe licensing costs would be astronomical, but down the line I see it happening, because the interest is there amongst us.

To your choices, Billy the Puppet another perfect candidate to become a model, I think it would end my nieces staying at my house though lol. I loved the Saw movies, just got a bit much towards the end as they try and milk as much as they can out of it.

I have seen Terrifier 1 and that is also a very good movie, and humourous in places too, especially in the diner in the restrooms 😆

Scream franchise also very good 👍, with a mask like that, who could not be scared.

Nice choice also which notsram beat me to was Pennywise in Stephen King's It.

Well thought out Chris and a long with Leatherface, the choices are endless. 👏

You said it Phil with horror being a niche genre. Wish there was more love for it😟

Licensing issues would be a big risk for agora like you say but if there is enough interest then we might get our wish one day.

Glad to know you have been a horror buff since the 70s. 

70s and 80s had some of the best horror films in my opinion,my uncle said he saw the exorcist in the cinema when it released and said it was so bad they had ambulances outside because people were passing out loooool🤣🤣.

yeah saw has had a few meh entries but i saw the recent one saw X in the cinema and it was really good.they changed things up a bit and its the first time you see jigsaw vulnerable which was a nice take👍

Great thread Phil,nice to chat about common interests with agora forumists.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Christopher Christou said:

You said it Phil with horror being a niche genre. Wish there was more love for it😟

Licensing issues would be a big risk for agora like you say but if there is enough interest then we might get our wish one day.

Glad to know you have been a horror buff since the 70s. 

70s and 80s had some of the best horror films in my opinion,my uncle said he saw the exorcist in the cinema when it released and said it was so bad they had ambulances outside because people were passing out loooool🤣🤣.

yeah saw has had a few meh entries but i saw the recent one saw X in the cinema and it was really good.they changed things up a bit and its the first time you see jigsaw vulnerable which was a nice take👍

Great thread Phil,nice to chat about common interests with agora forumists.

Hey Chris, yes my elder brother went to see the Exorcist in 1973, I was 12 at time, so too young to see it, but he went to see it in London and there were demonstrations going on from the church goers, telling everyone was cursed who ever entered the Cinema, just a little aside story that I never forget.

Anyhow here's some more suggestions for best horror characters to maybe oneday become models or not, but these are amongst some of my favorites movies, there's a very talented Spanish actor called Javier Botet who I believe is 6' 7" and extremely double jointed, he is in a host of horror movies, he played the Demon Mara, he was in Insidious The Last Key, he was Slenderman, and he played The Crooked Man in the Conjuring 2.

The Red Faced Demon in Insidious sharpening his nails while listening to Tiptoe thru the Tulips always sticks in my mind.

But a model of the Crooked Man, in his purple suit and purple bowler hat with his crooked umbrella, what a model and how articulated it would have to be to mimic Javier playing him, singing "There was a crooked man, who lived in a crooked house" and so on.

Mara made me jump, the brilliant director James Wan we have to thank for resurgence of horror IMHO, For characters such as Valek the Demon Nun, films as. The Conjuring, Insidious etc.

Going back to days of yore, American Werewolf in London, that scene on the London tube with the guy going up the escalator, and the werewolf in full transition following him up, I couldn't sleep for days after that scene 😂😂.

And to cap it all a very recent Horror which again is directed by the brilliant James Wan is Malignant, I never cease to get bored watching it. Old fashioned and modern horror at its best.

Cheers guys.🍻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Hey Chris, yes my elder brother went to see the Exorcist in 1973, I was 12 at time, so too young to see it, but he went to see it in London and there were demonstrations going on from the church goers, telling everyone was cursed who ever entered the Cinema, just a little aside story that I never forget.

Anyhow here's some more suggestions for best horror characters to maybe oneday become models or not, but these are amongst some of my favorites movies, there's a very talented Spanish actor called Javier Botet who I believe is 6' 7" and extremely double jointed, he is in a host of horror movies, he played the Demon Mara, he was in Insidious The Last Key, he was Slenderman, and he played The Crooked Man in the Conjuring 2.

The Red Faced Demon in Insidious sharpening his nails while listening to Tiptoe thru the Tulips always sticks in my mind.

But a model of the Crooked Man, in his purple suit and purple bowler hat with his crooked umbrella, what a model and how articulated it would have to be to mimic Javier playing him, singing "There was a crooked man, who lived in a crooked house" and so on.

Mara made me jump, the brilliant director James Wan we have to thank for resurgence of horror IMHO, For characters such as Valek the Demon Nun, films as. The Conjuring, Insidious etc.

Going back to days of yore, American Werewolf in London, that scene on the London tube with the guy going up the escalator, and the werewolf in full transition following him up, I couldn't sleep for days after that scene 😂😂.

And to cap it all a very recent Horror which again is directed by the brilliant James Wan is Malignant, I never cease to get bored watching it. Old fashioned and modern horror at its best.

Cheers guys.🍻

I didn't know about Javier botet,didn't realise he was in so many horror films! What a talent he is😃 6'7 too!

I agree with James wan,incredible guy!I love the conjuring movies too.

I lived one Road down from the conjuring enfield case (green street)from 2004-2010 .😱I used to walk past that house to go to school and college on a daily basis haha

ah american werewolf, now that's another classic, defo up there with the best!

Haven't seen Malignant, one for the list,will give it a watch now Halloween is nearly here😈

Have a great weekend guys

Cheers 👍

• Like 1

Small world Chris, I used to live near there too, I lived in Edgware and Mill Hill and surrounding areas for a fair number of years not as close as you, creepy stuff passing that house.

Now live in Surrey near the famous Hampton Court Palace, which is also haunted lol.

I'm sure you will love Malignant and I won't spoil it for you. 

Cheers and enjoy 😁

Small world indeed!I know mill hill and Edgware quite well.  Same as you left the mad house rat race in north London in 2014 after graduating uni and now live in suffolk.

Suits me perfect,apart from some family and good friends i don't miss the hustle and bustle of London at all.

• Like 1

I've been a horror fan for a long time too! I also wasn't old enough to go see the Exorcist on first release, but went with a few friends to see it when it was re-released. Some time in the late 80s, I think, and it was brilliant. I may have to watch that again next weekend.

A Quiet Place was really good. Better than I expected. Very interesting concept, and the soundtrack is fantastic. Will be watching the second one soon and I believe a third is in the pipeline if all the strikes are ever sorted out in Hollywood!

Malignant is a very good shout. Definitely worth a watch.

My all time favourite isn't actually a film. It's a BBC drama - Ghostwatch. I was lucky enough to catch it when it was originally broacast and had no idea it was a drama. Scared the pants off me, up until the last few minutes when I sussed it wasn't real. I watch it every couple of years and some parts still give me goosebumps.

• Like 1

Hey Notsram

Seeing exorcist in cinema must of been epic,its just so classic and the tubular bells theme will always give me chills. Love the film also🤓

Glad you enjoyed a quiet place,it is a really good idea and is very tense in places.let us know what you think of part 2 when you get round to it.

Interesting about ghost watch,what year did it come out?I've never seen it but might have a look.

Haha, I'm the same way whenever I hear Tubular Bells!

Ghostwatch was first broadcast in 1992. I don't think the BBC have ever repleated it - probably because of the reaction to it. Their switchboard was quite literally jammed with people calling about it and it scared so many people that it was featured in quite a few newspapers the next day.

It's a bit dated now, but when it was first shown, there was nothing else like it. I won't go into details, but it stars three very popular figures of the time - Mike Parkinson (never thought he'd do anything like this!), Sarah Greene and Craig Charles.

I watch it regularly! I have it on Blu-ray. Not sure if it's available on any streaming services.

• Like 1

Wow didn't realise it had that kind of reaction.😲I mean for 1992 it must of been really dark for it to be in the papers.

I'm intrigued now,regardless of it being a bit dated I think I will try and see if I can find it. 

Thanks for the info notsram👍

I watched A Quiet Place part 2 last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not quite up to the standard of the first, but still very good!

Pretty sure Ghostwatch is on Amazon video - although it's not free. And as far as I'm aware, the BBCs ban on it being repeated is still in effect.

As I said, it's a little dated now, but still well worth watching. You can see where the likes of Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity got some of their ideas from 😉

Yeah a quiet place part 2 was pretty good but the 1st one edged it for me too!

I'm going to check amazon prime and see if I can get it.  Do you think it would have been edited or censored though due to the ban?

Ahh Blair witch,to be fair I watched it when I was like 12 in the dark at home downstairs alone.wasnt too bad initially but that final scene freaked me out!!scary for its time👇

I'm pretty certain the physical version hasn't been edited. I've watched it many times in various formats over the years and don't remember anything being cut.

I'm not sure about the digital version being edited. The BBC banned it themselves due to the reaction, rather than it being banned by an external body, and IMO there's nothing in there that would necessitate being cut.

If you do watch it, I'd be interested to know what you think. And there are any number of articles out there discussing it, but I'd strongly recommend watching it before reading any of them 🙂

• Like 1