Alien build quality?

Hey guys

Anyone who's doing the alien build can give me an insight into how solid the model feels?

From what I can see online,YouTube ect it seems quite weightless and very hollow.  

Was Interested in it as would look great next to the t2 but feel I would like to hear from other people who are actually building it to come to a decision.

Looks like you need a shed ton of glue on top of the magnets just to keep it together...

• Administrator

It has a good weight to it and it feels nice and solid.  Certainly not weightless and hollow. 

The magnets do not need to be glued in with too much superglue.  They serve to hold the skin in place during assembly, but are pretty much superfluous once the skin is finally fixed.  However, it does need a fair bit of superglue to glue the skin sections to each other.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mark A said:

It is a good, solid build. The body parts are ABS, while details parts like the chest exoskeleton are metal.

HTH,

Mark

Thankyou Mark, it's nice to hear the chest has metal.thats good to know!  

3 hours ago, Mark, The Master Modeller said:

It has a good weight to it and it feels nice and solid.  Certainly not weightless and hollow. 

The magnets do not need to be glued in with too much superglue.  They serve to hold the skin in place during assembly, but are pretty much superfluous once the skin is finally fixed.  However, it does need a fair bit of superglue to glue the skin sections to each other.

Thankyou for clarifying Mark,interesting to know what I'm in for if signing up for this build.

Kind regards

• Like 1