Pitstain Hobbies build of Optimus prime

Pitstain Hobbies

• 2 weeks later...

The quality of this model is phenomenal, I'm halfway thru the build now and have had no reason to say that nothing has been worth it. 

Each and every pack is so well thought through, the metal in our Optimus is of top quality and sprayed of the highest level, the plastic fibre in the joints is heavy duty and reminds me of bakelite, though it's not of course, it's a well made strong resin mixture to give that full but strong movement.

I've been raving I know guys at this model since it's release, but why shouldn't I? With such a quality piece and each pack is like building a separate model, Optimus has to be one of the top releases of 2023, thanks to Agora for having the insight and courage of their business to enter into the realm of Transformers. I'm glad you guys at Pitstain are enjoying the build as much as I am. 👍☺️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pitstain Hobbies said:

Pack 11 and the way I assembled the spine using an adjustable wrench instead of a hammer, I found it much easier and faster.

Yes I did the same my friend, I did the same too on the Leopard, building the tracks. Well done!

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes I did the same my friend, I did the same too on the Leopard, building the tracks. Well done!

I'd like to add Pitstain Hobbies, that for me personally the wrench is a better choice, especially for guys like me who have a touch of Arthritis in the fingers. Even with that in mind, still fiddly. But you are so right, a lot easier. I also used oil too on the pins. It was really only the centre part with the tab on, that was offering any resistance. You're doing a fine job Mr Pitstain.

• 1 month later...