Poor Quality Removes Shine

Kitman

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with marks on the front windshield?

Had two now, both badly marked with a third promised direct from the plant (suggesting a quick audit of current stock proved fruitless).

Suspect a modicum of chain-yanking from CS as presumably 'plant' is most likely overseas resulting in long and ultimately disappointing wait to complete my first Agora build. 

Both my front and rear screen have a few fine marks and blemishes that you can see if you hold it up to the light, they wasn't noticeable once fitted to my model so I just went with it. I have also read a lot of people having similar issues with the de agostini mustang build amd a presume most of the parts here are from the same factory?

You could try polishing it with a fine compound such a jewelers rouge or silver polish or something and see if it improves at all?

I totally agree that these marks are caused before the part is packed in the plant as they are securely packaged in sealed plastic blister type boxes as opposed to just a bag 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Collector_felix said:

Both my front and rear screen have a few fine marks and blemishes that you can see if you hold it up to the light, they wasn't noticeable once fitted to my model so I just went with it. I have also read a lot of people having similar issues with the de agostini mustang build amd a presume most of the parts here are from the same factory?

You could try polishing it with a fine compound such a jewelers rouge or silver polish or something and see if it improves at all?

I totally agree that these marks are caused before the part is packed in the plant as they are securely packaged in sealed plastic blister type boxes as opposed to just a bag 

Many thanks for your suggestions. Applied Silvo and gently buffed it off a number of times until the Mark's became almost imperceptible. Great tip, thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marks out of 10.

Sadly the damage caused by the boot lid catching the fin below the rear window keeps catching the my eye and that of interested peeps seeing it in the window. Even had a comment yesterday from a passer-by suggesting I really should have asked Agora for a fresh bodyshell when I told him how much the thing cost!  

Interestingly I was lead to believe I was the only one to suffer this issue and to seek advice on the forum (Agora CS are not technical), only to find on FB that others have suffered the same problem resulting in an ugly finish to a £1000+ model.

I guess this is one of the downsides when opting for a ‘replicant’ kit with minor feature changes, in this case from Deagostini GT500 to Agora Super Snake with the latter choosing to ignore the short-comings of the former version in order to maximise the return on their ‘new model’.

Just in case Agora CS are reading this, the title of this piece ‘marks out of 10’ asks about Agora and this model specifically - so no need to begin chasing me asking what YOU did wrong again.