Paint quality

I was very much looking froward to building the Corvette, however the paint quality is lacking; the silver metallic was sprayed so heavily the metallic builds up on the hood edges and changes the silver color by darkening it. It is shame that the paint cannot be better applied, orange peel andIMG_48352.thumb.jpeg.fb65361aed6cca84c03873976451b267.jpeg metallic buildup is unacceptable in a model in this price range, and having it repainted by a professional would add several hundred dollars to build cost. I am sorry to say I will be canceling this model.  

Did you contact customer service they will probably send you out a new hood.

Here's photos of the First and second replacement hoods, it is worse than the first one: I've gotten paint paint quality on $30.00 Maisto models- someone should be doing quality control checks on these parts. 

IMG_4835 2 2.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

That is unacceptable  I am receiving pack 1 on Wednesday.  I will let you know how mine looks.  I hope this not going to be an on going problem.  A friend is making the jag and had a paint problem after three new hoods he finally received a good paint job.

Just received the model  on one side of the hood there seems to be a mark, but I think it’s just a shadow  I did put it under some bright led lights and mine seems good