I need help with the display base

John Seely

I’ve completed the A6M Zero but am having a lot of trouble with the display base which won’t initialize. Each of the 3 lifters work fine when I individually hook them directly to the battery pack. I’ve adjusted the limit switches and put in a new circuit board. If I turn on power with all lifting towers at the bottom of their cycles, they all come up and stop except for the right forward device which just keeps cycling. Any clues?

thanks,

John

Mystery solved! I built a jig with three dress pins to correspond to the pins from the limit switches. By connecting my multimeter to the pin heads on the other side of the jig, I could check the limit switches manually by depressing the tab. I could also connect the the motor wire to the battery pack and watch that the limit switches were activated by the cam. Two of the lifting devices performed perfectly. The third had no signal from the bottom limit switch, even when activated manually. So I need a new limit switch circuit board. Sigh, a 3 week wait.

201D720A-C9E2-46A3-B3CF-F87F51B0CBDF.jpeg

701FF804-45F4-402D-BACD-DE57E94556BD.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 11:31 AM, John Seely said:

Mystery solved! I built a jig with three dress pins to correspond to the pins from the limit switches. By connecting my multimeter to the pin heads on the other side of the jig, I could check the limit switches manually by depressing the tab. I could also connect the the motor wire to the battery pack and watch that the limit switches were activated by the cam. Two of the lifting devices performed perfectly. The third had no signal from the bottom limit switch, even when activated manually. So I need a new limit switch circuit board. Sigh, a 3 week wait.

201D720A-C9E2-46A3-B3CF-F87F51B0CBDF.jpeg

701FF804-45F4-402D-BACD-DE57E94556BD.jpeg

I had the exact same problem.  Here is the fix.  The instructions earlier were incorrect in matching limiter switches to the lifters.  Place each limiter switch plug into each slot of the circuit board until it works.  Then test.  The problem is the receptacles J1, J2 and J3  If you plug Lifter 2 into receptacle J2, and its the wrong lifter switch, nothing will work, and one will continue to cycle forever.  Single point of failure board.  So try each limit switch plug to each receptacle for all three lifters until all three are correct.  Trial and failure .  Turn power on.  Then use the remote.  If all three move, then reset, you are in business!  Remember, as you are trying to insert each plug, the other two have to be plugged in too.  So you will be moving each plug about until you get the right combination.  It took me a total of 3 minutes to get it right!  Feel free to email me at cmschlom@hotmail.com if you have any issues.

-Chuck

250.JPG