Rear Platform Window Cupping

Giddykippa

has anyone else had problems with the rear platform panel at the top of window where the 2 panels join bowing out or cupping ? for some reason mine bows out leaving a gap between the two panels that sandwich the rear window im sure everything is lined up because screws all went in ok its like the panel is slightly bigger than it should be unfortunately i only noticed when the rear frame was fixed in place and the rear outer panel was on and im loathe to strip it all back off as it was a pain to line up and fix in place

4.JPG

6.JPG

8 minutes ago, Giddykippa said:

hmmm beginning to think its oversized parts

Yeah does seem to be. I’d be happy to sand the sides but then there’s the problem of paint matching and possibly messing up screw holes matching up etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hilux5972 said:

Yeah does seem to be. I’d be happy to sand the sides but then there’s the problem of paint matching and possibly messing up screw holes matching up etc. 

ive had to do some grinding here and there due to my electrical mods thought this might be of interest handy for touch ups....

https://www.hiroboy.com/London_Routemaster_Bus_Red_Paint_60ml--product--4644.html

2 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

ive had to do some grinding here and there due to my electrical mods thought this might be of interest handy for touch ups....

https://www.hiroboy.com/London_Routemaster_Bus_Red_Paint_60ml--product--4644.html

Oh awesome thanks for that. Will have to get some. Touch up screws and things etc that screwdrivers have taken colour off as well as modded parts. 

• Like 1

I did file the front blind 80H on the sides to enable it to fit better.  As for expose plastic, the corner cover panels should abut to 80H so there should not be any exposed black plastic. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taffy said:

I did file the front blind 80H on the sides to enable it to fit better.  As for expose plastic, the corner cover panels should abut to 80H so there should not be any exposed black plastic. 

Had no real issues with front blind it's just the rear inner platform panel im going to figure a way to clamp it flush without damaging it then i will get some araldite and glue it and clamp whilst it drys

7 hours ago, Taffy said:

Awesome thanks Taffy. Did the screw holes still line up correctly? On mine it only seems to be the top that doesn’t fit properly. 

Yes the screws still lined up.  It's just that the plastic seems a bit to wide of the recess.

I have also had a similar problem with part 101A, which has no gap at the hinge side, so forcing it open, instead of sitting flush in it's recess.  Some sanding/file soon cured this.

• Thanks 1