Problem in stage 113

mszafranski

I have a new problem. When I put the shaft (113-10) into the cog (113-07), it fell right through the cog. There's a hole all the way through the cog. That's not right, is it? I didn't have this problem with the first 2 38cm guns. 

IMG_1635.jpg

Edited by mszafranski
Add pic of parts.

So I've been thinking about this and I may have a solution. I think I will put glue inside the hole on the other half of the case where the shaft goes. Then while preventing it from falling through I'll hold it in place while I put the 2 halves together. I don't think the shaft has to rotate when the gear turns. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery? 

2 other possibilities

1. Glue the shaft to the cog, making sure it is flush on the outside where the motor goes, or

2. attach the motor first, then put the case together. 

Update:

I attached the motor first, then put the shaft in.... made sure the larger gear and lever were aligned properly and closed up the case. Tested the operation and it's working just fine. The motor doesn't seem to be in the way when I will go to install everything to the gun. That's the tricky part anyway. All that detail on the deck. Yikes!